Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm fairly new to air suspension and i know a bit about coilovers and I want to lower my xB but I'm not sure all of the pros and cons about the two. Also would like to know what brands you guys would recommend for both.

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
457 Posts
Main difference is the cost and adjusability.

Air costs more than coils but you have the option to choose a safe ride height and still slam it for showing off. Second to that is air requires more maintanence and has more parts to go wrong over time.

·
Registered
457 Posts
With the proper precautions bags can work fine in a winter environment. Water traps and air brake anti-freeze help a lot, also emptying the water trap often. Have a look over on www.airsociety.net , there are quite a few folks running their systems in the northern states and Canada on there.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm in IL too and from what I heard around here with the guys really into bags (s10 guys, etc) is that overall bags have more issues in in extreme cold for a daily driver. Most guys on bags I know dont even drive their vehicle over the winter so I don't know if it would be good for a daily driver...

I myself debated for a long time on this and just went with a regular drop kit.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I would go coilovers just for the lack of maintenance with all of the extra systems, plus no air tank or extra lines have to be run to install them.

You can still adjust them down for shows, and raise them when needed. It takes a little extra time vs. the bags which are just a switch, and you may not be able to totally sit it on frame, but from day to day I feel like an air set up would be too much effort.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I don't have any on my car but a friend has Tien on his 240 and he seems to like them. But he also has sway bars and strut towers to help with rigidity.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So I'm on The fence between D2s and BCs. I know the BCs have a low3r spring rate(4/4kgmm) than the D2s(7.5/4.5kgmm) and I know that lower is gunna be a better ride n I can always adjust the BCs stiffer. Anyone know how big of a difference that is between the 2?

·
Registered
845 Posts
So I'm on The fence between D2s and BCs. I know the BCs have a low3r spring rate(4/4kgmm) than the D2s(7.5/4.5kgmm) and I know that lower is gunna be a better ride n I can always adjust the BCs stiffer. Anyone know how big of a difference that is between the 2?

I'd go for which one has the better build and damping. Springs/ spring rates can be changed later if need be. I'd go with BC.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
528 Posts
Go with the BC's and opt for a higher spring rate.

I'll be receiving my set from a fairly new brand and I'll be performing a write up.

May wait to see how these pan out.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I just ordered a set of BCs from a local performance shop for $960. I didn't go wit the higher spring rate. I'm going to see how the are first since these r going to be the first set of coils I have owned. I can always get the other springs depending how I think they feel.
Thanks for all the feed back!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.