Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you with a 2008 xB its probably time to replace that battery if you still have the original in your car. I went out to start mine on the first cold morning earlier this week, and nada, nothing, she was dead ! So i went to Wal-Mart to get a replacement. When i looked in the cross-reference book it called for a group 35 size for the 2008, but a group 24 size for the 2009-2011. When i looked at the size 35 it was terribly small, like a lawnmower battery, and had only 550 CCA (cold cranking amps). A second check in the engine bay for battery space available and it was clear it would hold the size 24. So, i got the 24F and it fit just fine, and it has 750 CCA to boot!
So, ignore the cross reference book if it calls for something different for the 2008 vs. 2009-2011. Get what the book indicates for the 2009.

·
Registered
24 Posts
That is really good news. The group 24F was originally designed and built for Ford products beginning in late 50s or early 60s. It is available in different CCA capacity and can be found on sale quite regularily. Thanks for the heads up.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.