Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I won raffle at work for three hundred dollars and immanently ordered a Bazooka sub-woofer enclosure from amazon. I did the install two weeks ago and every thing went smoothly ( I had added XM radio early so the install was easy a lot of the same pieces to be removed ). I really like the unit and it does make the factory stereo sound much better, of course it’s not double 12”s and it’s not going to make the doors fly off.
Here’s my problem with the unit. The wiring harness had basic t-tap plug, plug factor harness into new harness and then plug new harness into head unit (which is simple), but the harness also had a blue and red wire to be connected together with plugs. The wires were marked ”remote turn option 1” for the red and “remote option 2” for the blue. I hooked up the red wire ( don’t ask me why. I did). I assume that wires are for a remote that could be added up front in the dash somewhere, but Bazooka’s wed site does not cross reference any of the model numbers to the unit I bought with any of the remotes it sells for their sub’s.
To make matter worse, I have emailed Bazooka twice with no response. The unit does not come with a manual or install guide. I had to get the install guide online at their web site.
I was really hoping you guys could help me.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Most radios have remote wires. The basic deal is that the power and ground are large wires to carry power to the radio. Then a small wire hooks to the ignition side of the switch to actually turn the radio on and off when you turn the key. In that case the remote needs 12 v going to it to make things work. They also have remote wires that when you turn the unit on it puts out 12volts. The wire from the radio would do things like turn amps and electric antennas on. In your case you can use a test light to see if the remote wires put out power. If they do then its to hook up to the amp so that the heavy wire to the amp actually powers it and the small remote wire turns it on and off. If the wire is dead or does not light your light then its a 12 volt imput to turn the sub on. If you have a booster in the sub system then the first one is probably used to turn on the amp in the speaker. If you dont hook it up to power in that case you would definatly hear the difference.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks so much for reply, you’re right on the money and actually you give a better explanation than the Bazooka guy did. (After three emails and three weeks they got back to me). The word remote through me off, thinking it was for a remote control, which was totally wrong. Turns out Bazooka doesn’t have remote control for this unit (which is ok). All in all I’m very happy with unit, it does make the factory speakers sound so much better since they drop the bass to the Bazooka sub and make the mid-range sound so much crisper on the other speakers. The other big plus with unit is doesn’t take any of my cargo space.

·
Registered
2 Posts
OEM subwoofer with Alpine Premium audio

I have an '11 XB with the Alpine premium audio. I bought the Bazooka OEM subwoofer and connected it all up (as per instructions) but power light on the sub does not come on. Anyone have a Alpine premium HU connected to the OEM Bazooka sub? Any suggestions would be great.

·
Registered
1 Posts
pkxb...

I also have no green light on sub. Could you please tell me if you had to connect anything else to headunit besides the T-Harness? I noticed 2 remote plugs, but did not connect them. I have a stock Pioneer Headunit in my 2011 xB.

About the ground, In the install manual it asked to install ground on Tail light stud, did you use another place? Thanks in advance.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.