Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife got me a oem bazooka sub from a first gen xb with all the wireing for x-miss. will it just plug into the oem head unit of my 09 xb? or must i modify it?

· Registered
613 Posts
do you have a pic of it, or a model # that could be used for reference?

· Registered
613 Posts
here's a pdf link for an install on a 04-07 xB...
http://www.trdsparks.com/install/00016-52500inst.pdf
from what i can see it should just plug in to the back, if for some reason it dosen't work i'm sure bazooka or trdsparks.com can get you the proper harness!

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
nope, it's not a plug-n-play :confused:. oh well, looks like i'll just splice into the stock harness. oh BTW, the wiring behind the radio are the smallest gage that I've ever seen!! so I'm gonna run a new power wire to the battery. thank you for the help.

· Registered
1 Posts
A bunch of XB sub/subplug questions

millman said:
nope, it's not a plug-n-play :confused:. oh well, looks like i'll just splice into the stock harness. oh BTW, the wiring behind the radio are the smallest gage that I've ever seen!! so I'm gonna run a new power wire to the battery. thank you for the help.
I am planning on doing the same thing with my 08 xb. I am eager to see how this goes for you.
It seems as though the subplug is now unavailable. The norcalscion site has been down since I got my car.

I would love to get line level audio rather then speaker level audio out of the stock stereo.

Are their any other subplug options? Does pioneer use this stereo in any other cars?
Are there any used subplugs floating around?

Thanks

Do the existing subplugs put out LFE, or full frequency. If they put out LFE, does it cut the lows to the other speakers??

I'm not looking to THUMP I just want the existing stereo to sound bit better.

· Registered
613 Posts
i agree the speakers do need some more UMPH... sorry i couldn't have been more helpful.

p.s. i typed this and sent it from my new PS3 isn't technology great. for anyone interested my gaming handle is BMFJOEYG

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
As soon as i get around installing it, i'll let you know how is sounds. i too am not looking for big base thats why im going with just a 8 inch sub. i'll keep you posted.

Update....It dose fit!!! and it is a plug-n-play. there are 4 plugs to the radio and,at first i only looked at one. The colers dont mach, there not even close. but it conects without spliceing anything. it sounds preaty good for a 8 inch sub. it's just what i was looking for.

· Registered
4 Posts
Bazooka 2008-2009 Model Sub Install

I just received my 2008-2009 Model Bazooka sub today. It shipped from www.shipsound.com (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001MJ0H2Y) for $269.99 including shipping and got here in 1 day! $249 is the cheapest I've seen it for which makes it a great bang for the buck deal IMO.

I'm glad the initial reports are that it does a decent job. I am looking for only modest bass improvement without a lot of labor involved and it looks like this will do the trick!

-GG

P.S. I've lurked around newscionxb for the past 6 months, glad I finally made an account and will try to post pics of the install.

· Registered
613 Posts
welcome, we're glad to have you! cant wait to see pics of it installed!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.