Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to add a little something in the back in order to give the sound in my box a little more bass. In my previous vehicles I has two 8" speaker power by a 200 watt amp. I came across this Bazooka Sub that fits into the C-Pillar so that it does not take away from the cargo space. It is an all-in-one unit with one 8" speaker and a 100 watt amp. http://www.shop.myscionwarehouse.com/product.sc?productId=116&categoryId=7

It is under $300...so it is within my budget range. I know you "get what you pay for"...but what I want to know from those that have bought this (if anyone) how does it sound? Does it make any difference? I know it is not going to be super loud...but I am not looking to supply tunes to the other vehicles around my car at a red light either :D

·
Registered
342 Posts
I was curious about this too. I want to add more bass because i like to show off :lmfao:

·
Registered
167 Posts
This is on my "for sure to purchase" list, once the funds are in place. Which sadly, being an unemployed full-time student, isn't going to happen anytime soon. :(

·
Registered
783 Posts
i am curious about this and how it sounds. i almost got the small one, that goes in the corner. but i got some bigger ones.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I ended up buying the one that goes in the c-pillar. Have not got it yet....once it is in I will take some pics and post them on here as well as let you know how it sounds. As much as I want my xB to be bigger and louder.....being a woman one day I will have children which will require for me to cart around a bunch of extra baby crap (i.e stroller, diaper bag, etc).......so having the bazooka sub out of the way in the c-pillar area leaves me room to cart baby crap and while still being able to enjoy my music a little bit more. Best of both world's :p

·
Registered
342 Posts
Tica, let us know how it sounds because i'm dying to have more bass in my box!!!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OEM Bazooka Sub Installed

OK. So I ended up taking the easy way out and instead of spending a few hours of my time and a few headaches later, I had a Professional install it. It took them a little over 1 hour. The installer said that he thought it was going to be difficult as he had never installed a bazooka sub like this one before, but was very impressed on how easy it turned out to be. I think it was worth the $75 spent to have them do it.

As for the sound....for it only being one 8" speaker with a 100 watt amp powering it....its sounds pretty good. There is an sounds level adjustment knob on the speaker and I do not even have this half way turned up. There is enough oomphf coming from the box to vibrate the rear view mirror. In my previous car I used to have two 8" speaker powered by a 200 watt amp and I think this sounds just as good.

For the price I think it is a great little subwoofer that will enhance your current speakers and make listening to music in your xB a better experience. Now if you want every car around you at a stop light to hear your tunes or want the entire neighborhood to know your coming down the block.....it does not have that kind of power. For this you will need to get something bigger and louder.

So I recommend this to anyone looking for better sound from your stereo for not a whole lotta $. Another added benefit is that it does not take up space from the rear cargo area.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Yeah, like i said, i thought about getting something like that, but being young, and male, i decided to go bigger. The other day i was going to my friend's house, he said he heard me for 2 minutes, before i arrived.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Thanks for the write up Tica - I received this very same subwoofer for my birthday this weekend. I"m looking forward to getting it installed and hearing it. Did you ever get any snaps taken of the finished product? After having lived with it for awhile, do you still like it?

Wish you lived in my area, I'd ask where you got it installed, and go to them for it!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Well I had the subwoofer installed the other day and I agree with Tica, it's a really nice subwoofer for the price.  I didn't want anything that could be heard for blocks - additionally I didn't want to install anything that would take up any cargo space.  This seemed like the best option.  At first I think they had them turned up way too much.  I swear I could feel the air sucking out of my ears when I first turned them on.  And they did / do vibrate the rear view mirror. 

There is a white dot on the level indicator on the sub, which I took to mean their suggested setting - moving it back to that made my ears not hurt so much.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Might have to get one of these then.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for the reviews on this. I was thinking about getting this sub also. The bass that the stock system provides is just not enough. So adding more bass, without taking up space...sounds good to me! Definitely will have to save up for this one.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Not so much not enough bass but seems the stock system is asz backwards. I get all the base in the front,I hate that, i like mine all in the back and mids an highs up front.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I'm thinking about getting one of these and I had a question about the main speakers. I believe I had read somewhere that when the sub is installed that the main speakers have a low pass filter applied to them at the radio so they basically just become mids and highs. For those that have it is that true?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.