Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some help deciding which lower springs to buy. I want to lower my car without ruining the smoothness of my ride too much. What do you guys think

·
Registered
93 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
i hear the nf210s are just like stock, and have almost the same drop as the trd springs. i wanted to go a little lower, which is why i got those hotchkis springs from joe at fastscions

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
317 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
What is your budget????? When it comes to suspension i always had to get the smoothest ride... I went with tein basic damper.. Its really smooth and it feels better than stock... And you can drop to whatever height you want.. There are not allot of people with this suspension because of the price but it was all worth it..I really had to save allot.. My wifey loves it too!!! She hates bumpy rides... Just putting it out so you can have more options..
Hope this helps

·
Registered
167 Posts
I have TRD springs and they work great. Along with the other TRD suspension bits, it makes my car drive real nice. I don't scrape on speed bumps and the gap in the fenders is just right for me. Good luck on your search for springs.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Why does the price shoot up to 2 grand when I select the option? That's insane! I micght actually do the suspension kit. How easy is it to adjust after you install them? I have harsh winters here in ny so I need to adjust them for the winter.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I have the DF210s they are a good spring but too low for everyday.

·
Premium Member
808 Posts
I have the Tanabe NF210's on the '09 and they work just right for my daily driver. Made it handle a lot better. I'm still running 16's and there is a very small fender gap. I do have to be careful pulling out of steep driveways and staying away from wheel stops when I park.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Its seems that i will need something that will be easy to adjust. The roads and driveways suck where i live and i see myself bottoming out.

·
Premium Member
808 Posts
Springs are not adjustable unless you want to change to the lowering ones in the Spring and the stock ones in the Fall. If you want to adjust your ride, you would need air shocks or bags...I'm just saying.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hellen4Wheels said:
Springs are not adjustable unless you want to change to the lowering ones in the Spring and the stock ones in the Fall. If you want to adjust your ride, you would need air shocks or bags...I'm just saying.
or you could go with coilovers

·
Registered
317 Posts
from what you say you want, i think coilovers are the way to go. you can just adjust the springs when you switch your snow tires on and off

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Sovereign said:
from what you say you want, i think coilovers are the way to go. you can just adjust the springs when you switch your snow tires on and off
I've heard that coil overs make your ride rough. Is this true?

·
Registered
781 Posts
ocotillo said:
MenniFresh said:
Sovereign said:
I've heard that coil overs make your ride rough. Is this true?
No it is not true.
I understand it's possible to find coilovers that don't tighten up the ride, but from my reading, that's the exception, not the rule. How do you find a set that will give a near OE ride?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.