Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all

I sold my retina ipad and got this nexus 7 and i love it...

i want to mount it to my car on the little shelf where the odo is in most cars, or behind the steering wheel where i can see it over the horn. how do you guys recommend mounting this? any ideas?

i tried 3m velcro but it wouldnt stay on the dash

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
so there's the standard window suction cup mount, the CD insert mount (wtf?) or I could get a bolt on near the passenger I guess. I really think that shelf is the best spot I wish I could bolt it directly on or fix some sort of slide-mount.

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
IF you can find the old-style metal bookends, they can me used to make a mount right behind the steering wheel. I made one as/with a clipboard, to hold 4x6 pads.

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
Dark
Late
(at least on the right coast . . .)

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
Here are some shots . . .
That was a project meant as a "temp" solution a number of years ago, but is too simple and too practical to really improve.
I got several sets for V.2 and V.3 versions, but can't even remember even where they are. I never have even tried to mess with them.
These are just "as-is," walked to my B, then took shots (so, kinda dusty).

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
Some shots showing how it is all put together:

That structure with a phone/tablet-specific mount attached to it should make a good, removable, and no-show-when-want item.

The front edge has to be trimmed slightly, or it will drag the wheel.

·
Premium Member
709 Posts
If you can work with fibreglass you could fibreglass the inside of that shelf thing and add something to the top to hold the tablet. Something like the phone/ipod holders that slide into cupholders

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.