Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally i got my headlights painted and installed the Morimoto projectors, I though is gonna be easy but **** no. Painting the lights not a problem, but installing the projectors what a pain in the neck, no instructions, just basic explanations, after installed the projectors and seal the headlights, i found out the morimoto sits far to the back, so you can almost see the projector. They are bi-xenon, but didn't connected that way because one of them when you put the high beams got stock every time so I have to hit the headlight in order to go back to low beam position, too bad because is a lot of work to take it out and send it back for replacement. Going to test those lights tonight to see if there's any different , more light or what. I got some pics , what you guys think?

Attachments

·
Registered
97 Posts
Looks good! I've been thinkin about getting the Morimoto D2S quick-retro for my 2012 XB. I've seen output pics in the past from others that have done this retrofit and the difference is amazing. However, I would be going with Denso Ballasts and real Philips D2S bulbs. I really don't trust TRS ballasts as there seems to be quite a few issues that keep popping up.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks bro, actually i'm using ddm tunning hid set, no problems at all, i'm going to replaced it with mercedes benz hid factory kit to try it out, used to work veryy good on my old protege 5.

·
Registered
845 Posts
I ordered xentec ones off eBay, but I don't think I'll even bother installing them. I would really like to use OEM components such as denso ballasts, but how do you get the ds2 bulbs into the scion housing? The mirimoto kit looks like a quality option and the price isn't bad if it provides OEM durability.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.