318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my newest mod! pics to come soon

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ocotillo said:
I wasn't sure at first, but I really like it!

Good job!
thanks!

i apologize for the huge pictures. you can go to my photobucket page to see them at a reasonable size.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
BOXitUP said:
What did you use to paint it black? Krylon Fusion paint?
It wasn't Fusion, but another one of Krylon's paints. Three coats dark base, three coats matte black and 2 coats flat clear. Had it left over from a bike I painted.

You can't see it in the picture, but i had to touch up the top two corners because i didn't wait long enough for the paint to dry before popping it back in.

Looking back, Fusion would have been a better choice, but I'm more than happy with the results.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
xb2_drew said:
Looks really good and thanks for the detail on how you painted it.
of course! the only thing that's a pain with painting that part of the car is getting the shiny little shift position piece out without breaking the tabs! i got all but one back in when i put it back together, but it looks normal so i don't really care.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
got it on ebay from a guy called fantasy_starss. it was $9.99, free shipping. he's in washington, which is a long way from new york, but it only took 2 days to get to me. he has a lot more styles available.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Here is the Emblem I used for the 5-Speed:

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
very nice! i was considering getting a little paint brush and painting the scion inlay either black or red, but that looks really good!

·
Registered
741 Posts
That's the one. 60 X 14. Did find it on the Bay.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.