Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After shortening my gear shift lever. I thought it would be a good idea to shorten the boot and remove the inner boot frame. Here are a couple photos -- I like it :)!

(Boot color is overly grey in the third photo, the second is pretty accurate.)

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
XBinRochester said:
Definitely looks good with your shorter shifter.

Great Job!
Thanks! Yes, I'm thinking it probably is shorter shifter specific. With OE knob height, the frame provides a visual base that keeps the boot proper from seeming overly tall. A nice thing about the shorter boot is I could hear the excess material in the OE boot rub against itself during shifts. That's gone now :).

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Frisky Biskit said:
Nice clean work! BTW- I get tickled with all this short shifter stuff coming from the days of Hurst 4 speeds with T-handle shifters. To an old guy like me- the stock shifter is short throw.
Hellen4Wheels said:
x2. I had a '69 Road Runner with a Herst T-shifter four speed. Whole other world.
Thanks -- a sewing machine came in handy with the boot panels, but I had to hem the shifter opening by hand.

Actually, my purpose in shortening the shift lever was specifically to reduce throw, knob height reduction was something I hadn't even considered, though I do like it :). Didn't make a huge throw difference of course, but it feels a lot different and is still OE smooth :).

·
Registered
739 Posts
It says Security.

·
Premium Member
2,526 Posts
neat. I put my LED for my security system there too cause it seemed easy enough. It looked like a button that fit right into the slot, which is something no one seems to be able to find so I was hoping you had found them and could share the wealth haha.

looks sweet though, I have a boot on my automatic because I hate the look of the PRNDLE.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Oh, yeah -- I've seen a couple photos with boots on the automatic. It's a very different look -- guess you just have to remember the shift pattern.

The Scion Security was one of the first items I bought after bringing the car home. I had OE security on my old car and the xB2 just seemed naked without it. Though the xB2 was my first exposure to keyless entry, and I liked it so well I did a retrofit to the old car :)! (Old car was declared dead prompting the xB2 purchase, but I eventually got it breathing -- was a garage project for awhile :).)

I hunted hard for a switch of some sort to fit the xB2 dash blanks, but couldn't find a thing. It was for a project and my last remaining blank (still open), but I ended up taking a different route. Seems like the only option is buy one of the Scion xB2 switches and retask it (foglight for instance).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.