Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How can just popping of the stock exhaust and putting the Single back Borla exhaust make such a change? Does it help any in HP? Or is it just making a lil bit of more noise? I know it's nothing like my good ole flowmaster 40 series I used to have on my chevy.

Just wanted to see if it's worth the 200+ bucks.

·
Registered
979 Posts
I'm pretty sure it is just sound. The Borla axle-back is a slightly larger diameter than the stock pipe and it does eliminate a muffler so there could be some increased flow. I can't imagine it would be much though.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Hey the borla axle back will take away from your lower end and give you a tad more on the mid to high end. I ran it for a while then I put my cai on and a Trd inlet and on the freeway it seemed to really help out. I'd say 2500 and up seemed to pull harder. But your gas mileage will suffer lol. Since I've put mine back to stock I have seen a 3-4 mpg increase maybe from not bringing the throttle all the time. It's a decent sounding exhaust but if you want it to sound deeper and throatier swap the factory scuba for a manga flow round muffler. I loved the way it sounded inside the cab but outside it seemed to be kinda weak unless you were in in it and you could hear the cai mix in with the exhaust. It's not worth the price new IMO but a local shop can just delete the rear muffler and put a tip on and you would be done. The borla tip is the main reason I ran it it looked really good. A shop will probly charge you around $50 to delete the muffler and a tip will put up around $100 that's at my shop. Good luck

·
Registered
979 Posts
Also note that when comparing prices the Borla (and probably most other name brand exhausts) are all stainless. A $50 muffler shop pipe probably isn't. And that may not matter to you, I just wanted to mention that as a factor in cost comparisons.

·
Registered
979 Posts
I'm old enough to remember the 70's and 80's when you had to get a new exhaust every 3 years because it would rust apart. ...at least here in the midwest where they use lots of salt.

Maybe they use better quality steel these days.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.