Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you know of anyone besides borla that make something similar but less $$$? I guess it's just a straight pipe with a tip but a local shop here is south fl will probably charge 150.00 or so. Thanks

· Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
I got a straight pipe. It gives a "classic sports car" sound. I like it, a lot. The header changed it to much louder, gave it a drone at 3,000 RPM, and the like, but still a "good" sound.

Sound-wise, the straight pipe had the better, cleaner sound.

· Registered
661 Posts
My 08 was stock exhaust that ididnt do anything to. Straight piped on my rs8 and like above its not bad at all as all the sou d diference is because of the scuba. My 12 came with the trd muffler, that just has a deep low rpm rumble and thats it. I swapped in a tsudo scuba and it woke the sound up tremendously. Its very nice. Not at all that frappy cheapo ricer sound at any rpm. Im still thinking of swapping in my straight pipe for the trd. We'll see.

· Registered
206 Posts
Sorry guys haven't been on here in a long while, I installed the Borla in April, below is my car a few days after installing in a basic video to get an idea of sound. I've been happy with it, nice all around sound, it does have a slight drone going over 60mph,but imo nothing terrible or over annoying. Love the look of it. I don't regret it I think I picked the correct exhaust for me. Mine is a '12 5 speed with factory 16" rims,'13 touch screen radio.

Watch "Scion xB single Borla Exhaust" on YouTube
Scion xB single Borla Exhaust: Scion xB single Borla Exhaust - YouTube

· Registered
206 Posts
If your looking to Borla for an axle back application, just go to a local exhaust shop and have them straight pipe from the Scuba. The Borla straight pipe exhausts are hideously expensive for no real reason.
I paid around $200 I think that is reasonable, especially for a made in USA nice exhaust, yes it's only an axle back, but I'm very happy with it overall.

· Registered
206 Posts
Hello Guys,

Looking for some feed back from the ones that have this installed, should I buy it? Just looking for a bit of tone on the exhaust. Thank you in advance
I put my video, see the above post

😊

· Registered
143 Posts
I have the dual borla exhuast now for 2 months and I'm very impressed with the quality and sound of my car. when I added the TRD CAI after it sounded slight bit louder since then. it doesnt sound ricer at higher rpms

· Registered
206 Posts
I have the dual borla exhuast now for 2 months and I'm very impressed with the quality and sound of my car. when I added the TRD CAI after it sounded slight bit louder since then. it doesnt sound ricer at higher rpms
I agree, I have the single and I'm happy. No intake yet though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.