Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just installed a Borla single outlet axle back on a 12 5 speed. Definitely louder than stock. It looks good on car. Too new to really get a feel for it overall. I'll update in a few days.

· Registered
8 Posts
Nice! A quick video would be nice, I have never heard the borla system on an xB. How much did it run you for the parts?

· Registered
845 Posts
Just installed a Borla single outlet axle back on a 12 5 speed. Definitely louder than stock. It looks good on car. Too new to really get a feel for it overall. I'll update in a few days.

Does it have a muffler/ resonator, or is it just basically a straight pipe?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

· Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It was Slightly over $200 w free shipping from Amazon. I guess it has the look of a straight pipe there's no visible muffler but the whole pipe and tip act as the muffler I believe.

I'll try and put an audio or YouTube video if I figure out how soon . Lol.

· Registered
979 Posts
I have the Borla Dual axle back. There is no muffler on these. That's mostly why it sounds different. You have to remove the muffler at the end of the stock exhaust system and replace it with the straight pipe.

I love the sound of mine. Around town as the revs are always moving up and down it sounds great. The only time it bothers me is when I'm on the highway and the engine is turning around 3000 rpm. At a steady speed there's no problem, but let off the gas and there's a bit of a drone as it gradually slows down. Depending on the traffic flow it can get annoying - especially with passengers and I have the music turned down lol. I'm hope to put some sound deadener in the cargo area this summer and I think that will take care of it though.

· Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

· Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice! A quick video would be nice, I have never heard the borla system on an xB. How much did it run you for the parts?
Quick video I'll try better ones another time

· Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

· Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

· Registered
601 Posts
Cool! sounds nice. The second video actually sounds a bit different but could be affected by tons of things I guess.

· Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Cool! sounds nice. The second video actually sounds a bit different but could be affected by tons of things I guess.
Thanks. The second (day) video IMO is much better and has a truer sound.

The first video is terrible it was dark and cold and I rushed it just to hear it.

I know to get a good feel for a sound of an exhaust you should get it on pulling away and a drive by. Who knows maybe I'll do one in the future.

So far I like it.

· Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Here's an update (not like anyone asked for one) lol.

The exhaust has a good sound not buzzy around town semi deep note.

Highway cruise note is not noticeable until you go over 60mph then it gets I guess a drone type sound but not overbearing or super annoying.

I really love the subtle yet awesome look of the chrome tip it's definitely a lot nicer than stock and looks perfect.

I was looking for an improved look and sound and this one fits what I was looking for pretty good.

I haven't noticed a notable performance improvement nor would I expect one from a simple exhaust.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.