Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Well I don't know whats going on. I went to supper and when I got back to my car turned it on and :sick: the vsc warning light and the abs and the brake light all on after inital check. Now I've consulted the owners maual and all these lights require a visit to the dealer. However the abs and the brake light together= stop vehicle and contact scion.(kinda scary)

I checked the brake fluid and it was low so I topped it off tried it again and :sick: still those lights. So I let the car sit (turned off) then unplugged the battery drained any risidual power and still those lights.

Now what I'm looking for is a quick fix so my abs and vsc comes back for enough time for me to get it looked at.I will try to get an appointment with a dealer asap but my really big probleme is that I live in canada and my box is a special import until september 2010 so even I go to toyota they might take a while.

I'll post the outcome soon.

Thanks for all your help!!!!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can<t believe that in 2007/08 (whenever my box was made) that liquid-tight connecters were not perfected!

So after a quick scan of the box with the obd2 the verdict was a faulty rear drivers side abs sensor. I went to the right place because instead of swapping out the the connecter($900+fix) they tested it first. Turns out water got in there and was causing a short witch tripped the in dash warning christmas-tree. So the fix was simply dry out the connecter add electrolitic grease(prevents water of getting in the way again) and presto! all that for 100$
Hope this helps anyone in a similar situation.

btw anyone know of an inexpensive(NOT cheap) obd2 reader that will read scions and will reset warning lights?( I live in canada and we don<t get scions here 'till sept.2010)
Thanks!!

·
Registered
783 Posts
Glad to hear you didn't have to spend 900 dollars, and it wasn't too serious.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Nice info guess I will get some dielectric grease and do all the connectors on the whole car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.