Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, after spending the whole day in my garage - minus 3 trips auto parts store, hardware store, Toyota service dept. - I put new brakes on all around and installed some TRD springs while I was under there.

Productive, if slow day. I think I'm too old to be down on the garage floor doing this stuff though. :p

·
Premium Member
709 Posts
By brakes did you do pads and rotors or just pads?

I guy from my work ordered rotors and pads for his truck that were like aluminum or something and had a tealish blue tinge to their silver/chrome color. They stand out so well and look so good. I wish we had them for our b's

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Pads and rotors. I was considering cross-drilled, but I've read too many negative things about them. I went with posi quiet ceramic rotors. I bought everything from AutoAnything - after a 15% off coupon the price was really good.

The only misadventure was during the spring install. While trying to remove the stabilizer bar from the strut, the nut came off about half-way and froze. I couldn't turn it either direction. I was able to remove the bottom link though to get the strut out. I took it to the nearest Toyota/Scion dealer and talked to a service tech. He was able to get it off with an impact wrench while holding the back with a pair of needle-nose vise grips. He told me that is a common problem and they often end up cutting the stabilizer bars off and replacing them.

·
Premium Member
709 Posts
Something like that alfundo, but they are just like tinged blue/green. Ill see if I can get a picture this week when I go back to work.

congrats zinger, Im not looking forward to have to do my brakes. Although usually not very hard, I don't like spending money on things im not really looking for lol

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
By the way, now that I have an account at autoanything.com every time I look something up I get an email coupon the next day for 10% off that item.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.