Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone,

after doing some google searching and what not i found this forum, ive never really done the forum thing for any cars i have owned, but my xB deserves it.

I have loved the xB since the gen 1, (and still love the gen 1) but living in Canada we only were brought the Scion name in March of 2011.

And after having a baby in April, and with my family growing, gave me an Awesome excuse to dump my 2 door Ford Focus and get into my dream car,
a brand new 2012 Scion xB.

And to say the least I love it.

Hopefully if the snow and the freezing cold right now clear up for a few days so I can get some pics posted soon.

And sorry for the life story. lol :biggrin:

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
Welcome.
I love having out Canadian brethren (and sisteren) joining up!

So, details, details, details!
Color, planned mods, etc.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's awesome Phobic. Where was the show in Canada you went to?

Thanks Tartanjack for the warm welcome.

So my xB is white, stock wheels with the 7 spoke caps (woo woo)
The reason I stayed with the stock wheels is cause the dealer I bought from
Jackson's Toyota Scion in Barrie, had this on in the show room.

An I feel in love with it.

All white but the had the roof, top middle part of the spoiler
And the mirrors all wrapped in 3M ad-hoc black carbon fiber.
To be honest I never really cared for white cars.
But the carbon fiber roof sold me.

They had an ugly racing stripe offset to the drivers side on the hood and trunk.
Thick bar with a thin pin stripe. Didn't like it at all so I got em to take it off.

Tint all around.
That's pretty much it for what's done to it right now.

As for mods. I really want the bumper LED fog lights made for the side
Slots but no one makes em yet for the 2011-2012.

I don't what else yet. I keep looking at what other people
Are doing to get ideas.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Calvin.
When it came down to buying it,
It was the carbon fiber on the roof, spoiler and mirrors or I wait for them to get one in and spend the difference on wheels instead. I think I made the right choice.

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
Looks good!
I wouldn't have figured I would like CF on a white vehicle (for some reason, I think of it best on orange/Lava or silver . . . not sure why), but I really do.

Again, the CF needs to come down more, in ways that make sense.
I'd say EITHER hood OR in the grill area somewhere, plus on the door handles and the "rear door garnish" (the panel above the rear plate-> it easily unbolts, actually).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi fellow Canadians. My local dealer was clueless about the xB and I was wondering if there are any "must have" dealer installed things that I should be considering, aside from the cool spoiler. Are the stock steel rims OK in terms of wear & tear on the car/brakes? Thank you!

·
Registered
266 Posts
What about the hood deflector for $180 installed? Or, am I better off shopping aftermarket for that, too?
I paid 120 CAD$ for the deflector and installed it myself, took about 45 mins max!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Looks good!
I wouldn't have figured I would like CF on a white vehicle (for some reason, I think of it best on orange/Lava or silver . . . not sure why), but I really do.

Again, the CF needs to come down more, in ways that make sense.
I'd say EITHER hood OR in the grill area somewhere, plus on the door handles and the "rear door garnish" (the panel above the rear plate-> it easily unbolts, actually).
I was the same with the white as well... Til I seen it.

I do agree with the hood. I wanted it CF as well but the wife didnt like it on the hood. So it was a no go.

As for the handles and rear handle above the plate, I actually really like it all body color.
to me it gives the whole xB a "clean" solid look. Like streamlined.

I do like the grill idea as well though. Except with the 2011 and up the front bumper doesn't

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.