Scion XB Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to this whole scene, and I'm loving it. I picked up the Super White XB a week ago now, and I've been on this site every day drooling over the options I have for my box, (also my first NEW car off a lot, replaced my 98 explorer and 99 accord). Even as it is, it's nice to walk into the parking lot and think "**** this thing is sexy." Money and warranty are gonna be deciding factors in most of my upgrades and mods, but I'm gonna have it for a few years, so it'll give me time to make up my mind :)

·
Registered
167 Posts
Welcome to the SITE Buddy.....what have you been drooling over and about the warranty issue.....I am with you on that one....

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm wanting to get the exhaust/intake done (comes down to money). Ive been looking at the vinyl on the front bumper, just trying to decide to best way to go about that. Gonna black out the badges shortly, again, just figuring out the best way to go about it. And i want to start doing the stereo on it, just not sure if it will void anything. Same with an HID upgrade and smoking the taillights on it. I'm considering the plastidip on the badges and my hubcaps until i can throw down for some rims. I might test it out on my roommates cobalt first, just to be safe on mine

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I almost picked up the rs 9.0, but decided on white. I really want that lower grille, and to repaint the "Scion" white. I think it would look nice.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
another concern i have is with the vinyl between the grilles. i have the 2012. the top grille is small, and the bottom grille is really tall, and wider. so im not sure how it would look since they dont quite line up vertically. does anyone have a picture of this done on this bumper?

·
Registered
107 Posts

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,312 Posts
First: WELCOME!
Enjoy the forum.

Just my opinion on the vinyl between the grills:
Because of the inset designed into the 08-10 bumper, it looks good and like it should be there when installed.
On the 11-13, the bumper is shaped quite different and to make the between-the-bumper has to be done more carefully and cut deliberately to look "right" (whatever that means). The reason is just like you say: they are different widths and don't like up, also there is no inset setting the dimensions for the vinyl/paint added.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm kinda liking that one. It has to go outside of the top grille to look "right" i guess. It'll still be a bit before I actually do it. Getting used to having car payments. I'm lucky enough to have a girlfriend's dad that did high end body work (mostly 70's-80's foreign cars and such) and he has some insight on how to do some of the stuff on mine. Gonna start looking around for a new grille, and maybe do my badges next week. Start small, work my way up. Not really excited for having to scuff paint or anything major on a car that has been off the lot for 8 days now

·
Registered
266 Posts
Welcome to the site.. And Mathxb has a 2011 with the vinyl on the front...check out his ride here >> http://www.newscionxb.com/12515-mathxb.html
First of all : Welcome to the site ! You'll find an amazing community here with tons of good ideas for our beloved xBs !

Here's a larger and more recent pic of my front bumber w/ the black vinyl

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you. I've been going through the site for hours now and just wishing I had an unlimited amount of funds to go crazy. I have a nice background in electronics, so I'm really looking forward into getting into the lighting and other aspects of this here shortly. Gonna be a fun project :)

·
Registered
243 Posts
welcome the site, brotha. as said before this is an amazing community and you'll learn alot about your xB2 here.

i drove two off the lot in 2007 and i wished i knew then, what i know now with this community of scion enthusiasts. i'm hooked on the scion brand!!!

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm glad I came upon this early. It's cool to look at everyone else's box and just imagine.

·
Registered
243 Posts
welcome to the site!

·
Registered
372 Posts
custom plasti dip hubs on mine and tints. i doubt hids will void warranty. vvme is a great brand fast shipping i have them on lows n highs and led panels for the map&dome lights..og n led license plates n led parking lights to match hids:)....little by little ull find urself obsessing on ur xb i kno i do lol

ohh n welcome to the site man!

·
Registered
842 Posts
Thank you. I've been going through the site for hours now and just wishing I had an unlimited amount of funds to go crazy. I have a nice background in electronics, so I'm really looking forward into getting into the lighting and other aspects of this here shortly. Gonna be a fun project :)
Because of your electronics background, be sure to get the schematic for lights' circuits, it's on the forum. You might find a few of them helpful as I did.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
oh yea. schematics and all that are slowly being dowloaded and saved. I plastidipped my rear badges today, along with my roommate's cobalt's badges, and they look pretty nice. i might do the hubcaps tonight if i find myself awake for a long period of time. they have the special wheel spray, but i dont really think itll be much of a difference on hubcaps. i have the same ones as hidkid, so its nice to get a bit of an idea of how they would look. ive been considering just doing the front vinyl overlay in plastidip, then when i get bored of it, i can take it off and do something else. seems like an easy way to come out with a "new paint job" kinda thing.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ive also been toying with the idea of dipping the handle part over the rear license place. not sure of the proper term for it. might break up all the white on the back and just give it a little bit more.....something. and if i dont like it....peel it off. i mean. its breaking the bank at 6 bucks a can

1 - 19 of 19 Posts