Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
It's tempting but are you looking for the best price or a quality product? Aftermarket can be a good option, but keep in mind that you may not be covered with a warranty when you go that route. I'd say go with Genuine Toyota parts...here's a good explanation why

·
Registered
844 Posts
When parts are designed, one part will wear more than the other. Hopefully, the cheaper one will wear more than the more costly one. If brake pads are harder, they might not wear the way they are supposed to causing the rotors to need replacing more often. I'd say, stick with the OEM pads.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i would say im looking for good quality with reasonable price. i checked on ebay and OEM front and rear break pads r about $35-$40. i guess i will go with them. ill stop by Autozone to see their prises also. Thank you guys!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Why are you on eBay looking for brake pads. Just go to the parts store and pick a set up, I have ceramic coated on mine and was out the door for around $30. I've always done that and even on my Celica driving HARD they never let me down and it could kill my xB any day.

The pads are all made from the same materials, it's like air intakes, some people want the brand, some people just want the metal tube that connects to an air filter.

·
Registered
97 Posts
If you can afford it, NAPA Adaptive One pads are great. Little to no dusting, good bite on hard braking, quiet and have a good life span. These are available on the fronts, but not the rears. Premium pads will be fine in the rear, otherwise the Akebono pads are available for both front and rear.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
stopped by:
1) Advance auto parts (no in stock) cheapest around $20-30. medium quality around $40;
2) NAPA - its called napa safety life pads (something like that) fronts+rears are $55 each in stock;
3) Ziemboat, messaged me and offered decent price for OEM break pads, which i couldn't resist. So, shopping is done :) Thanks Zimeboat!:cheers:

·
Registered
314 Posts
Anyone know where to get a good set of steel braided brake lines and rotors?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
314 Posts
Anyone know if there is 6 brake lines for our xbs? Dezod is saying there are 2 additional short ones.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Anybody's know the brand KFE brake pads? planning to use them for the rears

·
Registered
845 Posts
I've never been a fan of off brand brakes. I got some once to save money on my rear Brakes. I did a spirited canyon run and they ended up a smoldering mess. Keep in mind that as much as the fronts do most of the work, having lower friction pads in the rear means even more labor on the fronts.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
314 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
I went with his Hawks hps for the front but I don't drive hard at all, is that one of those that need to be hot? I heard they squeak alot if braking softly

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.