Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Colgan Custom makes bras for the xB. I just got a carbon fiber sports bra for my 09 xB.......although I had got a chip in the paint while awaiting for the arrival of the bra....it is here now and should help protect from more chips from happening. I had to call Colgan b/c at first I could not get it to fit....the straps were too short to reach the two back holes on the hood. They were VERY friendly and helpful. They even sent me pictures of how the bra is supposed to be install on the 2nd gen xB (since the instruction booklet is very generic and not car specific). From them I learn that the two rubber gaskets under the hood have to be removed and that is where the hooks are supposed to go.

http://www.colgancustom.com/shop_vparts.php#1

Anyhow....not sure if you were looking for something like this or more of the plastic "bug shield" seen on most trucks?

·
Registered
2008 xB
566 Posts
Here's how Colgan's T-bra looks. I had no problems with installation, but it is a very tight fit until you've used it for a while. Any bra needs to be removed when it gets wet...oh man, that doesn't sound right, but I think you understand...or the paint will discolor. Colgan is a great company. I've been buying their products for over twenty years.

Unless something has changed recently, I don't think there is a bug deflector for the xB2 yet. A "clear bra" may be a good alternative. That's a permanent installation (more or less), but may show some signs of yellowing and grime build up around the perimeter on light colors, especially white.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Ok here are the pics as promised:

I bought my bra from autoanything.com as they were a little bit cheaper than going through colgan directly; however I had to wait a few weeks before I got it in. I see online that if you order today the bra will not ship until 09/21/09....not sure how long it would take colgan to ship it out, but if it is much sooner the little bit of savings might not be worth the wait.

·
Registered
107 Posts
made some calls , some contacts and I have my bug deflector coming from Canada next week, nice!!

Which bug deflector are you getting? the one pictured above not available in USA? if so, where did you get it? please share... thanks

·
Registered
107 Posts
Which bug deflector are you getting? the one pictured above not available in USA? if so, where did you get it? please share... thanks

Nevermind...I figured it out...

·
Registered
107 Posts
Yeah the Rukus seems to have a few better options than the xb...looks like it has leather, roof, auto climate control, better stock wheels, and a few more accessories. why dont we get that?

·
Registered
107 Posts
yeah same here..I was finally able to find a dealership in Ontario that was willing to ship one out to me...I should have it tomorrow. hopefully it was worth it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm getting the one in the picture I post, I just called to a dealer in Montreal and somebody is gonna pick the thing up and send it to me, wasn't easy to find somebody but finally this week is gonna be here in Florida...
yeah same here..I was finally able to find a dealership in Ontario that was willing to ship one out to me...I should have it tomorrow. hopefully it was worth it.

Could you guys pm me how much you paid for it? I would appreciate your help. I too was going to give a call to a Canadian dealership to see if they could ship one out.

I also found a aftermarket company called EGR but I haven't been able to locate a picture.

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,314 Posts
If enough of you REALLY want this for the B, contact Lund, the parent company of AVS/Auto Vent Shades. They may actually invest in making one in the US and available in the US.
Contact info:
Contact Us

They make these for trucks:
Hood Shield | Truck Bug Shields | Chrome Hood Shields | Bugflector
It is a/the main manufacturer for these things. They could make one for our Bs if they think there is an actual market enough to justify the design and manufacturing expense.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I installed my bug deflector today...I like the way it looks.. kind of a PITA to do it alone...had a friend at work help me install it.. got it shipped down from Canada, but it didnt come with instructions, they had to fax them to me... if you are going to get one have them include the instructions because youre gonna need them and you cannot get them here.
check it out...

Attachments

·
Registered
266 Posts
FYI
Canada Parts # : PU500-52011
Paid mine 105$

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.