Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I went through a touch free high pressured car wash in hoping it would get rid of the dead dried up bugs. I know there are harden scrubbers but I'm always worried its going to ruin the finish.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Use a product like Bug and Tar Remover by Turtle Wax or WD40--spray or wipe on, let it sit, use one of those very soft scrubby sponges (made for this) and wash off with car soap and water. Keep sponge clean so it doesn't rub in dirt/grit. Here in FL we have "love bugs" twice a year and they can be thick :mad:. The body fluids of these bugs (and most others) is very caustic to a vehicles paint and that is why you should hose them off as soon as you can when you drive through them. :eek:The longer the dead bugs remain smashed on your paint the more they eat through the clear coat. Here in FL some people buy a screen :D car bra just for the bug season. Chief

·
Registered
741 Posts
You can do what the Chief said or you can just lick 'em off. The extra protein can't hurt either. :naughty:

·
Registered
94 Posts
You have to chew love bugs off and that's not too good for the paint. To lick them off you'd still need to spray some remover :yucky:eek:n them and I thought I read somewhere it isn't really good to ingest petroleum based products :sick:--maybe it was on the back of the can. Although I believe WD40 is actually fish oil!

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
:sneaky: Aww, you went and spoiled it--you know somebody was going to spray some in their hand and taste it. ;)

Well, it is still good for bug removal.

·
Registered
2008 xB
568 Posts
I use one of those scrubby sponges when I wash the xB and it works great.. Just make sure it.s the kind that are a plastic net wrapped around the sponge, not the ones that have an abrasive pad on the back of a sponge

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.