Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I like it too. The price from Sparks in great compared to one that's Bushwacker brand. I mostly want to know if it is good quality. So many bumper protectors are just vinyl stickers.

·
Premium Member
811 Posts
I have the Bushwacker and it looks the same as the link you gave. I love mine. I had the Scion decal one on the '09 and it ended up scratched and cut after a year, so I went with substance this time.

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
I'll be in MB in a few weeks . . .
I will leave w/ one in my B.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My bumper already has several scuffs and scratches where my son dragged things out of the cargo area instead of lifting them out. This will cover the damage and hopefully protect it from anything else happening.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
...I didn't see any Scion branding on it.
The Toyota name isn't on the bumper protector itself. When you go to the section for exterior mods on the Sparks website there is a list of links for each item on the left side of the page. Above each is the brand in red type. That's where I got that it was Toyota.

Sparks said it comes to them through Toyota, but is manufactured by a 3rd party.

Mine shipped out today. :D

·
Registered
601 Posts
I have the Bushwacker and it looks the same as the link you gave. I love mine. I had the Scion decal one on the '09 and it ended up scratched and cut after a year, so I went with substance this time.
Hey guys, I just got my silver '12 xB yesterday! I have been lurking here a bit before, good info. I bring up this old thread because I almost got the bumper protector option since it looked cool but then I realized it is only looks since it's just applique and doesn't protect the edge at all which would likely take all the hits. That's good after hearing about it on this forum now too.

So what do you guys think of this Bushwhacker style protector after having it on so far? It seems like easily the best way for an actual protector and it seems kind of cool for looks too. Is it hard plastic? Does the fold over the edge fit well?

Thanks!

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So what do you guys think of this Bushwhacker style protector after having it on so far? It seems like easily the best way for an actual protector and it seems kind of cool for looks too. Is it hard plastic? Does the fold over the edge fit well?

Thanks!
I'm really happy with it. Yes it is hard plastic. I think it fits well. If I remember correctly, like you see in Hellen4Wheels photo.

·
Registered
601 Posts
I'm really happy with it. Yes it is hard plastic. I think it fits well. If I remember correctly, like you see in Hellen4Wheels photo.
Thanks! Good to know. I think I will have to get one.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.