Scion XB Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Eric said:
I just went out and measured the C Pillar Cubbies, or rather the spot where the C Pillar Storage option goes... I noticed that they're different sizes! The driver's side one is roughly an inch wider. I wonder why they did this... any ideas?
where is this located? i am not sure which is the C Pillar? :confused:

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
The widest and "rearest" of the pillars.. the cubbys in the back... ring a bell?

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Its very possiable that something runs down on the side that is taking up space. Wiring harness or something that required them to make it smaller then the other side. Actually I am curious enough that I would remove them to find out.

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
eviljack said:
Its very possiable that something runs down on the side that is taking up space. Wiring harness or something that required them to make it smaller then the other side. Actually I am curious enough that I would remove them to find out.
...and I suppose it goes without saying there will be photographic evidence?

·
Registered
83 Posts
I would like to see someone invent a little storage container "or doors" for those cubbys. It would be a great place to use for storing small items. I might be moving closer to the coast so I will be using the rear cargo area a lot. I have been offered a "tentative/contingent" job offer and if they follow through with it I am moving. So if someone invents a way to utilize the cubby's, please post a picture of your invention.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Ok I just thought of a cool idea for these things. Fill them up with Cube World :rofl: I mean it is a box on wheels why not have a world of cubes living in the box on wheels. Now how to attach them is a different story.

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
boblamb58 said:
eviljack said:
...and I suppose it goes without saying there will be photographic evidence?
Check this thread for pics :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Eric said:
Click here for pics of my finished C-Pillar cubby lighting project :)
That looks great! I love how you did that. I was thinking of doing somthing similar, but I was going to cut out a custom design in some furred pressboard and stick it in there with some cathodes. The acrylic and vinyl is a much better route to go.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Wow, just went out and checked and sure enough there different size. I did notice when I added the nets to them that It appeard that I lost space also. My next DIY is to add Led's in them. Still not sure what I would store in them since the space is so small.

God bless
John

·
Registered
54 Posts
Here is what I did with my C-pillars...I know these speakers aren't the best quality, but it was more for show at the moment plus the extra sound is great with my 2 12's!

·
Registered
783 Posts
i know this is an old topic, but.... did you have any interference problems after you finished putting in your new speakers? i just put in 5x7's, and now my subs sound completely different. any ideas?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts