Scion XB Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did it finally! My subwoofer has 1200 watts powering it so if you sat in the back seat all you heard was subwoofer and no lyrics. So I added them so that my rear passengers can have a jolly time in my ride. I still have to add the grill which covers them. Or maybe ill just leave them like that. Hmmm, ill decide later. They sound beautiful. It's a better surround sound feeling. Took forever. They're 2 Alpine 6 X 9 inch, 3 way speakers. Fantastic sound. I'm extremely pleased with this project. WOOOHOOOO!

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Not bad for the first stage. Bet they will look amazing once you get some nice grills over them. Are you planning on only using two screws to hold them in? I am one of those that prefer all holes to be screwed down. Less vibrations that way.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh, yeah definitely. I took pictures when they were up and not totally finished. I wanted to make the settings perfect. It got late so I didn't put the finishing touches as you can seen from the flash light. Wanted to make sure they sounded great first, and they do.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Rhombus said:
Did you have to throw in extra wires all the way from the deck?!
Nope, simply wired them to the rear speakers. Not too bad of a job. They sound great.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yanges said:
Nice job Sonicmyk!

i guess you found the speaker wires after all :D
Haha, yeah. It wasn't too hard after all. The only problem I had was figuring out which wires were the speakers wires, because they were blue and yellow in the left side and red and white in the right. All the paneling snapped off really easily. I was kinda sad when I had to drill 3 small holes on each side, in the cubbie holes. :( , but well worth the result. It also sounds awesome with the hatch open. Perfect for the Next Dodger game tail gate fiesta! Any body a Dodger fan?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey sweet, I was about to do the same thing. I was wondering where did you find the wires for the feeds? Do you have an amp powering them?

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The wires are in the B-pillars. So the weird thing is that the wires on the right side are RED and WHITE, and the wires on the left are BLUE-PURPLEish. But yeah, the paneling inside of the B-pillar is easy to take off exposing the wire inserts for the the doors --->

the red and white wires are the speaker wires. I simply clipped them and connected the spaeker wire. Then the wireing through the door sill paneling to the rear cubbie paneling was easy.

·
Premium Member
2,526 Posts
I know Im positng in an old thread, but saw the finished product thread and figured I'd bump this.

also, what did you use to mount the speakers to the cubby?

·
Registered
783 Posts
I have c-pillar, I used the 4 or so screws in the speaker, and 2 in the farthest corners.

·
Registered
783 Posts
I put MDF, like the other guy, if that's what you mean.

·
Registered
93 Posts
So are you running 6 speakers straight off your deck or did you bypass the back door speakers?

If you are running all 6 you may consider a small amp for the back speakers because most decks are only set to run 4ohms per channel and if your running 2 4ohm speakers on the rear channels in parallel then your actually running your deck at 2 ohms which is no bueno.

2 solutions, amp them or run them in series.

Just some friendly advice.

·
Registered
783 Posts

this is how I did mine. DeBoard Audio said to do it like that, so it would raise it to 6 ohms instead of lowering it to 2, or something. I don't remember. It works. and sorry for the paint picture, best way to show it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts