Scion XB Forum banner

C Pillar Speakers

9K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Joseph 
#1 ·
I am going to put 6x9's in my c pillars and want to know if I can splice into the speaker wires for the back doors and if I can do I just hook up positive to positive and negative to negative or is there a way that is better to wire those? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

#2 ·
6 x 9's in the existing C pillar pockets will not sound good, because there is too little air volume behind the speakers in those pockets. To make this worthwhile, you'd have to cut an opening in each C pillar pocket to also take advantage of the air volume behind the plastic panel. See this thread for a similar experience:
http://www.newscionxb.com/131-audio...-intalled-c-pillar-lots-pics-please-read.html

Another thing: by splicing into the rear door speaker wires, the power to the still functional rear door speakers and the new 6 x 9's will be halved. This will decrease the volume. Also, the resistance to the rear speakers will be halved and the amp in your radio (especially if it is stock) may not be able to handle the reduced resistance, leading to amp damage.

If your heart is set on 6 x 9's you'd be better off replacing the rear door speakers with shallow 6 x 9's. I'm not aware of anyone who has done that yet. If you can also split the woofer from the tweeter/midrange unit and instead mount the tweeter/midrange unit up high on the door, the sound stage will improve tremendously. Or use component 6 1/2" or 6 3/4" speakers.

Have fun!

#5 ·
Theres a guy on Scionlife that actually made some fiberglass enclosures for 6x9's in his cubbies and claims they actually sound quite well. I wouldve done it a LONG time ago, but have yet to come across a dremal and enough courage to cut my factory grilles on the doors so everything can match. If I can find the link I'll share it.

#7 · (Edited)
I'll save you time on the infinity mirrors. That was me. Here are the shots of them.

I'll long since removed and sold them. Presently I'll be building two of my amps into the cubbies and then wrapping the panels to match the rest of the interior.

#9 ·
I'll save you time on the infinity mirrors. That was me. Here are the shots of them.

I'll long since removed and sold them. Presently I'll be building two of my amps into the cubbies and then wrapping the panels to match the rest of the interior.

Where can I get those even the purple infinity lights please

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.