Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, i'm working on making something to hold some 5x7's in the C-Pillar cubbies. i've got the shape cut out, on cardboard, but i don't know the best way to make a box for them. can anyone help?

· Registered
328 Posts
i used 1/4" acrylic from lowes to mount my 5x7's and just used woodscrews to hold it into the plastic. acrylic is resessed but makes the speaker grill sit flush and looks like the speakers are floating in midair. plus i plan on adding some leds behind the speakers to light em up!

· Registered
339 Posts
^ Any pics of that work?

· Registered
328 Posts

· Registered
69 Posts
NNNNNIIIIIICCCCCCCCCCCCEEEEEEEEEEE Job looks great bro. post some pics when you get the LED'S installed. 8)

· Registered
328 Posts
i will for sure, i should be getting my interior red led kit from ledunderbody.com installed tomorrow got 6 15" tubes so it should really glow then get need to do behind the speakers in the c pillars and in the ac vents and cupholders then switch all the orange leds to red! should be like a nightclub in there when i get done! haha :naughty: :rofl:

· Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
looks good. i kinda like the solid look better, but i'm sure it will look really good when you're done with the lights. i got mine finished and will post pictures later.

· Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks. it was very frustrating, but it was worth it.

· Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
When wiring up c-pillar speakers, where did the speaker wires run?

· Registered
328 Posts
the passenger side runs behind the c pillar panel then under the door kick panel and to the passenger seat where my amp is. the driver side runs behind the panel then under the back seat and meets up with the other wire on the driver side and goes to the amp.

· Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i ran mine to the front, and cut the negative for the rear speakers, and ran it into that. they are in the foot area of the front two seats, behind some plastic, plugged in.

· Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

wired the lights to a switch, because they get too bright sometimes.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.