Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, this is my first post on this forum. I have a 2009 xB, and I just changed the cabin air filter for the 1st time. My question, (i hope someone can help), is this: Scion tells you to replace the filter with the arrow pointing up. The scion filter has just an arrow on it so this is self-explanatory. I purchased a FRAM fresh-breeze filter, and next to the arrow, it says "air flow direction", just like a home filter. The problem: The air flow on the fan unit itself blows down, not up. You can see this by placing a piece of paper over the filter when you replace it. So, which way is my fram filter supposed to go? Everything I have read says to put the arrow up, however, this is not the way the air actually flows. I hope that wasn't to confusing. Don't ban me already, :D
Thanks alot everyone!

· Registered
474 Posts
311xB said:
Hello everyone, this is my first post on this forum. I have a 2009 xB, and I just changed the cabin air filter for the 1st time. My question, (i hope someone can help), is this: Scion tells you to replace the filter with the arrow pointing up. The scion filter has just an arrow on it so this is self-explanatory. I purchased a FRAM fresh-breeze filter, and next to the arrow, it says "air flow direction", just like a home filter. The problem: The air flow on the fan unit itself blows down, not up. You can see this by placing a piece of paper over the filter when you replace it. So, which way is my fram filter supposed to go? Everything I have read says to put the arrow up, however, this is not the way the air actually flows. I hope that wasn't to confusing. Don't ban me already, :D
Thanks alot everyone!
Place it so that the "air flow direction" is from the outside air into the cabin...that would be "down" with the arrow...

On a side note...unless the outside air is used most of the time the filter will not need replacement at the 15K recommended point...unless perhaps you drive over dirt roads and/or in very dusty conditions..

Welcome to the forum...

Brewski

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.