Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's up guys im new here looked thru alot of posting and can't figure out what CAI i like better so help me out please

Im looking to get one of the three or if u have something else throw in that idea
1. Trd cai
2. Fujitsu i think that's how its spelled
3. Takana think that's how its spelled

Lol sorry im hoping u guys get what im saying lol so please help thanks guys

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya i looked on youtube but i mean it was just like lookin at pics ya know im lookin for like pros cons and how people feel bout there's ya know so it can help me make my mind up im not really worried bout spending money on the intake ya know i want somethin nice and somethin that people all agree would be the best i mean i have a automatic trans so ya

·
Registered
474 Posts
Ya i looked on youtube but i mean it was just like lookin at pics ya know im lookin for like pros cons and how people feel bout there's ya know so it can help me make my mind up im not really worried bout spending money on the intake ya know i want somethin nice and somethin that people all agree would be the best i mean i have a automatic trans so ya
I have the Fujita CAI and love it...I'll give you a plus!

For installation you do not need to remove the bumper cover...Just remove the battery to remove the lower hoses etc. and install the lower part of the CAI. I've removed and replaced the filter the same way. You will need to get the TRD vent which is available from your dealer for less then $10 (at least it was when I installed mine.) Again, in either case no bumper cover removal was required.

Brewski

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,314 Posts
They are all three great systems.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Hmm well i did go to the dealer for the vent they send it was dis continue
Question....is your xB a 2008-2010?

If so, the Toyota P/N is PTR03-52084, Desription: "TRD COLD A"...I paid $7.64 for mine. Someone out there has this item to sell.

If you have the newer xB you're screwed.

Brewski

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well i went to the dealer today to talk to them bout it and we got if topic and dude looked up the whole intake kit he told me its 475.00 for the kit i said what kinda deal can u Do for me he says well 270.00 i say deal sold lol so i got the trd comin

·
Registered
739 Posts
You're going to like it.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I love my SRI from K&N. Easy access to the filter when it needs to be cleaned, never have to worry about water getting into it and has an amazing heat shield.

·
Premium Member
271 Posts
I love my SRI from K&N. Easy access to the filter when it needs to be cleaned, never have to worry about water getting into it and has an amazing heat shield.
I have the k&n SRI as well and absolutely love it.... Would take my SRI over a CAI any day....

·
Registered
284 Posts
I have the TRD one. its ok. I wish I got the Fujita, I would have saved money plus if you mess up your filter good luck finding replacment. I have been through 2 dealers and they cant find a replacment. :/

·
Registered
422 Posts
Why the short ram over cai ??
It's really up to you. Like I said before I choose the short ram intake because it's easier to install, it's fully safe from water to prevent hydro lock (even though with a CAI you have to get pretty deep underwater to get it), when I need to clean the filter I just open up my hood instead of having to take off the front bumper. SRI can suffer from heat soaking but with the K&N it has an amazing heat shield. I went on a long ride on the high way on a summer day, after checking the heat shield the outer part was warm but the inside and the filter weren't at all. Also SRI will give you a harder pull when you hit the gas say at a stop light, however CAI will give you more high end power. It's really up to you.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well i got the trd i love it i just put it in today it was really easy to do and what makes it great the filter is a k&n so that was sweet and man it pulls hard on the freeway....to bad i Dont do freeway driving anymore Lmao oh well i love it thanks for the help guys

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.