Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
anyone know for sure? Dealer rep said NO it won't....another person said yes. I got a line on a great deal for it....so I wanted to know for sure...want my steering controls and ipod jack to work.... I thought in 06 these things came out....so I THOUGHT it would work....but now I am totally confused!

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
I don't know a hundered percent, but the 06 model xB is a generation 1 model and the 08 is the first year of the second generation. They are completely different vehicals so I have a feeling that they won't work with out some custom wiring.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's official I am totally confused! Half say yes it will work...the other half say no.

Someone with an 06 has an 08 premium HU in it and it works....but that still makes it unclear if an 06 would work in the 08. They are different cars being 1st and 2nd gen...but wasn't 06 the first year they put in the ipod jack and steering controls?

·
Registered
171 Posts
I sell car audio & video equipment on the side and my reference guide shows that the plug is the same. So, if you pull the '08 stereo the '06 will definitely plug in, but I'm not sure what will happen with the steering wheel controls. Good luck!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.