Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I want to know if anyone else has this problem. 1st to 2nd gear I can't slam it into 2nd with out it grinding. It goes in smooth driving normal but when I'm racin it grinds on 2nd. I have the trd quick shifter which is friggin awesome almost feels like a 40-45% decrease compared to stock shifting. Am I the only one? Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks in advanced!

· Registered
474 Posts
Xbox510 said:
So I want to know if anyone else has this problem. 1st to 2nd gear I can't slam it into 2nd with out it grinding. It goes in smooth driving normal but when I'm racin it grinds on 2nd. I have the trd quick shifter which is friggin awesome almost feels like a 40-45% decrease compared to stock shifting. Am I the only one? Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks in advanced!
I also have the TRD quick shifter....I don't race, but do drive aggressively at times...I've never had a problem going up or down the gears...stubborn going into reverse at times...all in all I like the shorter throw on the shifts compared to stock as well.

Brewski

· Registered
782 Posts
Xbox510 said:
So, let me make sure I understand. Your purpose is to overide the synchros and force it into gear ("slam"). Is this because you want to incur the high cost of transmission repairs, or is there some other reason? Are you double clutching to help facilitate this slam, or are you just trying to muscle it?

On the surface, it sounds like you have the wrong car for your intended driving style -- and any transmission that experiences your intended driving style will likely require rebuild in no time at all.

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Brewski I love the quick shift too. I had the same problem for reverse but over time it got easier to put into reverse or maybe I got used to it I dunno. This is my first xB and here I am asking question about why I can't just throw it in gear like in 3rd and 4th.

· Registered
96 Posts
Well now no need for a new member to get in a huff. The question and comment was valid... double clutching would help but I've noticed a ruff 2nd gear this winter but it was due to not fully depressing the clutch....

Now you don't need to over react to this sometimes the most obvious answer is the right one. People aren't here to waste their time in picking fights with people for no reason. So please if you feel your need to express yourself mod your box!

· Registered
286 Posts
I don't think TrevorS' reply/comment was too bad. What I don't appreciate is coming in to the forum and having to read all the bad mouthing.

I thought this was supposed to be a friendly forum.

G

·
This is a friend forum so lets keep it that way guys :D

Xbox510: TrevorS's reply was fully valid. He spoke his mind without personally attacking you, unlike what you did to him. If you don't like someones response voice your feelings but don't be rude about it OK :D.

finallygotit: I edited your post because it was a little hard to read :D

Now be cool everyone.

· Registered
474 Posts
Did you install the TRD QuickShift kit yourself? If so, there is some adjustment factor that could come in to play which could possibly be the cause of your shifting problem...other than that I don't know what could be the problem.

Brewski

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sorry guys. I apologize. I did install it myself and I think finallygotit is right the cutch wasn't fully depressed thank you guys sorry again for the rude comment I made.

· Registered
474 Posts
Xbox510 said:
Sorry guys. I apologize. I did install it myself and I think finallygotit is right the cutch wasn't fully depressed thank you guys sorry again for the rude comment I made.
All is well again on the forum concerning this subject.... :yes:

Brewski

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.