Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
2008 xB
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The latest issue of Car & Driver has a fairly extensive article on the xB2 they've been testing for 40,000 miles Overall they liked it, but with some complaints similar to things that have been posted on NSxB threads. An interesting read and it confirms (once again) that we all drive cool cars.

Thanks BBC for adding the link.

· Registered
23 Posts
I see they averaged 26 mpg, not bad for a bunch of gearheads at C&D. Also, they list 0-60 as 7.3 s in the post track test, which is pretty quick for a "small wagon." Wow, they really got that thing up to 124 mph? Has anyone else replicated this?

Otherwise, looks like your typical list of gripes b/c xB2 is not a standard design. I for one, looooove the center digital gauge, so I'm mystified why they would criticize it. Whenever I drive another car it takes a while to adjust to the whole process of locating the speedo needle on the gauge, figuring out the scale, and estimating actual speed. Whereas, the digital gauge is easy to check with a quick glance.

MiniBus

· Registered
281 Posts
MiniBus said:
I see they averaged 26 mpg, not bad for a bunch of gearheads at C&D. Also, they list 0-60 as 7.3 s in the post track test, which is pretty quick for a "small wagon." Wow, they really got that thing up to 124 mph? Has anyone else replicated this?

Otherwise, looks like your typical list of gripes b/c xB2 is not a standard design. I for one, looooove the center digital gauge, so I'm mystified why they would criticize it. Whenever I drive another car it takes a while to adjust to the whole process of locating the speedo needle on the gauge, figuring out the scale, and estimating actual speed. Whereas, the digital gauge is easy to check with a quick glance.

MiniBus
I think the only reason they don't like the center gauges is because they're constantly switching between different cars on test and they just don't get used to it. I prefer it that way now myself. And the fact that they hit 124 shows you how they drive their test cars so I too am amazed at the 26 MPG!!!

· Registered
44 Posts
there is an IPOD connect right on the front of the center console. I relocated mine to the inside of the console instead because I didn't want to have to connect and disconnect it every time i parked the car.

I have had my car @ those speeds on several occasions. You should have seen the guys face on the motorcycle when he couldn't get away from the big black box!!!

· Registered
281 Posts
eviljack said:
I just read that and now have a question. There is a ipod connection in the glove box?? Where is this, or is it something added to the new xB's??
LOL..... I read that and immediately went out and dug all the crap out of my glove box looking for it :rofl:

· Premium Member
1,052 Posts
RUSS FERGUSON

Not a trip car. Three hours max. Big enough to haul tons of stuff, but don’t ask me to come along. Why is there a center armrest for the driver only?
Have to laugh at that one. 36 and a half wasn't so bad. Yes, that's thirty six :rofl:

· Registered
281 Posts
boblamb58 said:
RUSS FERGUSON

Not a trip car. Three hours max. Big enough to haul tons of stuff, but don’t ask me to come along. Why is there a center armrest for the driver only?
Have to laugh at that one. 36 and a half wasn't so bad. Yes, that's thirty six :rofl:
You and eviljack should write an article for them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.