Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, who else names their cars?

I always name my cars, or any I drive for more than a few days.
I am thinking about names, as I am just getting my xB . . .

My xB's provisional name is "Aluminum Falcon" (based on the Robot Chicken Star Wars skit:
http://www.adultswim.com/shows/robotchicken/stuff/rcsw/ivcp/index.html (Chapter One, about a minute in).
-> If you are a Star Wars fan, that is WELL worth watching!

·
Registered
2008 xB
568 Posts
I've named some of them. The xB is The Silver Brick. The previous ride, a Shoreline Mist Honda Element was The Elephant. I've had more than one vehicle that was called YOU**@#MISERABLE*@!!POS!

·
Premium Member
1,052 Posts
Called my former New Beetle "The Pod" as in "Ok, guys, let's all board 'The Pod'"

And my wife's Ford Wagon is "The Mother Ship" ha ha.

Once in a while I refer to my xB as either "The Toaster" or "The Pod" or "The Box"

Blue Meanie... what do ya think of that one? Just curious. Popped into my head as I was checking for spelling errors.

·
Registered
2008 xB
568 Posts
boblamb58 said:
...And my wife's Ford Wagon is "The Mother Ship" ha ha...
You're bringing back memories. Once owned a '73 Ford Country Squire that was known as "The Queen Mary". Paid $700 for it in 1980, cleaned it up, put a new set of tires on it, drove it for four years. It was a great ride, and in those days 10 mpg was affordable. You could get a 4 x 8 sheet of plywood in the back with the seats down (or two chaise lounge cushions for the double feature at the drive-in). Sold it with 180K miles on it to a Ventura County lifeguard who wanted it to haul his longboards.

·
Registered
318 Posts
i was never really into naming things...only thing i ever named was my robotic arm, Alice...

·
Registered
174 Posts
:) Well I name mine after my 2yr old lab Smiley & add the Rican to my screen name cause that is my nationality... But my Decal say SmileyBox & everyone else calls it by it name.. :rofl:

·
Registered
613 Posts
I originally named mine BLACK BETTY After the song... I have been thinking of changing though...My buddies at work call it THE SHORT BUS...(maybe they're implying something)

·
Registered
174 Posts
No leave it Black Betty that sound good....The short bus just doesn't go that is me doe if you like it then go for it I guess it will grow on people :rofl:

We are all insane if we name a bird dog cat why not a car.....

·
Registered
31 Posts
My car is named BOBSBOX after my puppy Bob. Its funny how many folks think I am Bob but once I tell them its my puppys name they get it (well most of them) I even went out and got a specialized licence plate with the name.

God bless
John

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Previous cars:
85 Audi 5000- "Spectre"
87 VW Vanagon- "Ghost," renamed "Spectre II"
90 Miata- "Polar Bear" (when white), then repainted and renamed-> "Fenix"

For a while had a 1996 Crown Vic named "Cruiser" (was my grandfather-in-law's car, originally named "Papa's Cruiser"- after we got it we dropped "Papa's")
-It died and the Scion xB replaced it (Thank YOU!)

Borrowed 94 Dodge Ram- "Constipated Pig"
Work box truck at time of 1996 Olympics-> "Moby Dick"
(Several trucks rented and driven since have also been named Moby Dick as well)

Wife:
95 Chrysler Cirrus- "Droopy," renamed "Flying Okra" (after an inside joke developed and it was decided the car looked like an okra)
97 Ford Taurus- "Blue Oval" (The car was blue and it was the design where Ford when "oval-happy," also a common nickname for Ford)
06 Grand Caravan- Queen Anna's Revenge (based on Blackbeard's ship and wife's name)

xB-> Not yet officially named
Provisional name: Aluminum Falcon, from a skit in a Robot Chicken spoof/tribute to Star Wars
Several other ideas

·
Registered
613 Posts
callmemrbill said:
I have to agree leave it Black Betty, that is awesome.
I think I will leave it BLACK BETTY...Thanks for the support guys...

·
Registered
7 Posts
We got our new baby on May 24. Have been reading this site since then, and finally had to actually register...just for this question! I got to drive the new XB to work for a day or two (he actually replaces my hubby's old Grand Am) and the guys I work with named him (I work for a structural engineering firm).

They named him:

Plumb Bob Square Car (He's a Blackberry Crush dude)

We call him Bob!

We LOVE Bob!!! I drive a 2006 VW New Beetle Convertible, but I love driving this guy. He looks cool, gets just as good gas mileage as Pepe (the bug) and gets just as many smiles! :D

Can't wait for our first out of towner with Bob!
SueBeeDoo

·
Registered
326 Posts
:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :lmfao: :lmfao: I love it. welcome to the site Sue....

1 - 20 of 110 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.