Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Premium Member
1,052 Posts
Called my former New Beetle "The Pod" as in "Ok, guys, let's all board 'The Pod'"

And my wife's Ford Wagon is "The Mother Ship" ha ha.

Once in a while I refer to my xB as either "The Toaster" or "The Pod" or "The Box"

Blue Meanie... what do ya think of that one? Just curious. Popped into my head as I was checking for spelling errors.

· Premium Member
1,052 Posts
SueBeeDoo said:
We got our new baby on May 24. Have been reading this site since then, and finally had to actually register...just for this question! I got to drive the new XB to work for a day or two (he actually replaces my hubby's old Grand Am) and the guys I work with named him (I work for a structural engineering firm).

They named him:

Plumb Bob Square Car (He's a Blackberry Crush dude)

We call him Bob!

We LOVE Bob!!! I drive a 2006 VW New Beetle Convertible, but I love driving this guy. He looks cool, gets just as good gas mileage as Pepe (the bug) and gets just as many smiles! :D

Can't wait for our first out of towner with Bob!
SueBeeDoo
I don't even know you yet I like you already :)

Oh, and I switched from a 2001 New Beetle TDI (blue). Boy was it hard to give that up, but I sure am lovin' the xB.

When are we going to see photos of the 2 cars together? Kinda like this.

DOH!

Welcome to the site!

· Premium Member
1,052 Posts
Not really into naming the cars per se, but when we had the Beetle we called it a Pod, or "The Pod". And of course, that makes my wife's wagon The Mothership. Now that we've got the xB, it's pretty much referred to as either "The Toaster" or "The Box".

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.