Scion XB Forum banner
21 - 40 of 110 Posts

· Registered
1,707 Posts
TartanJack said:
So, who else names their cars?

I always name my cars, or any I drive for more than a few days.
I am thinking about names, as I am just getting my xB . . .

My xB's provisional name is "Aluminum Falcon" (based on the Robot Chicken Star Wars skit:
http://www.adultswim.com/shows/robotchicken/stuff/rcsw/ivcp/index.html (Chapter One, about a minute in).
-> If you are a Star Wars fan, that is WELL worth watching!
Saw this and thought of you TartanJack!

· Premium Member
1,052 Posts
SueBeeDoo said:
We got our new baby on May 24. Have been reading this site since then, and finally had to actually register...just for this question! I got to drive the new XB to work for a day or two (he actually replaces my hubby's old Grand Am) and the guys I work with named him (I work for a structural engineering firm).

They named him:

Plumb Bob Square Car (He's a Blackberry Crush dude)

We call him Bob!

We LOVE Bob!!! I drive a 2006 VW New Beetle Convertible, but I love driving this guy. He looks cool, gets just as good gas mileage as Pepe (the bug) and gets just as many smiles! :D

Can't wait for our first out of towner with Bob!
SueBeeDoo
I don't even know you yet I like you already :)

Oh, and I switched from a 2001 New Beetle TDI (blue). Boy was it hard to give that up, but I sure am lovin' the xB.

When are we going to see photos of the 2 cars together? Kinda like this.

DOH!

Welcome to the site!

· Registered
38 Posts
Had a 1999 Mustang Cobra convertible named Eloise (sorta like Eleanor in "Gone in 60 Seconds")

I think this guy is going to be The Boxster - maybe people will think I mean Porsche?!?!?!?!

G

·
haha maybe.

Im still working on a name. Me and tartan need to hook up and throw some ideas around. But right now its....wait for it...Wave rider..hence my name lol.

· Registered
2,209 Posts
Wave Rider said:
haha maybe.

Im still working on a name. Me and tartan need to hook up and throw some ideas around. But right now its....wait for it...Wave rider..hence my name lol.
OMG. I just had a totally awsome brain storm. For some reason I remembered something when I read that you are calling your ride Wave Rider. I don't know why I didn't think of it sooner. Now, this won't work for you so well cause your car is blue but it will work for TartanJack if he decided to do this because the base color is silver. Hotwheels had a aniversary set called Highway 35. Now I tried to collect them all but didn't thanks to stupid distribution on the east coast. I am totally missing all of wave 4 and 5 but thats another issues I am still pissed about.

Anyways there were different teams. One team was the Wave Riders. There were five cars on each team. The wave rides had the Deora II, Nomad(yes a chevy nomad), Back Draft, a pickuptruck of some kind, and one other I forget about right now. The coloring for the cars were silver with blue wave style graphics. White five spoke rims with a blue metallic lip. And of corse each car sported a surf board sometimes two boards. If I had thought of this idea before I bought my xB I would have totally gone this route. I would have bought a silver one and made it a Highway 35 Wave Rider car. Come to think of it there might be one thats kinda gold color. Might have to look into it.

So if anyone wants to steal this idea let me know and I will help you design the car. Holy crap I wish I had though of this earlier.

· Registered
2,209 Posts
Ok I know another post right after the last one but I got new info and I wanted to keep it serpate. Not every car has a silver base coat so its possiable to do this with white, teal blue, silver and probably others. here are images I finally found.

These last threeI don't remember cause I never got them

· Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Shancopp said:
TartanJack said:
So, who else names their cars?

I always name my cars, or any I drive for more than a few days.
I am thinking about names, as I am just getting my xB . . .

My xB's provisional name is "Aluminum Falcon" (based on the Robot Chicken Star Wars skit:
http://www.adultswim.com/shows/robotchicken/stuff/rcsw/ivcp/index.html (Chapter One, about a minute in).
-> If you are a Star Wars fan, that is WELL worth watching!
Saw this and thought of you TartanJack!

THANKS!
That's HILLARIOUS!

Oh, I am thinking of naming mine "Spectre III." Silver tends to blend in with the horizon and concrete/gray asphalt of highways. Plus, Spectre was the Audi I learned to drive in (and was going, but a month before then to my grandmother totaled it, a courier's car she hit on the road, and 2 sedans and a Rolls Royce in a parking lot where the Audi came to rest). Spectre 2 was my VW Vanagon/Bus. Both of those were dark metallic gray.

· Premium Member
1,052 Posts
Not really into naming the cars per se, but when we had the Beetle we called it a Pod, or "The Pod". And of course, that makes my wife's wagon The Mothership. Now that we've got the xB, it's pretty much referred to as either "The Toaster" or "The Box".

· Registered
94 Posts
Mines already gotten nicknamed "The Teal Mobile" by the family. I though about getting a personal license plate with "TIL MBL" but most people wouldn't have gotten it, and "TEL MBL" looks too much like Tel Mobile, a cell phone company.

Previous cars were known as "Beulah" (a giant green tank of a car), "Delilah" (a giant brown rusty tank of a car) and "Lillith" (a tiny blue Renault). My 95 Plymouth Neon never got a name; it just didn't have enough personality. I named my parents' car "Samson" after I hit it lightly with Delilah in the driveway. :naughty:

· Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Oh, I've decided on a name . . . "Scalded Cat"
-For, it "goes" like one.

· Registered
83 Posts
I have not named mine yet but my niece named her car amber-Lince because she gave me a ride to the hospital while I was having a heart attack.
I guess if my GPS can have a name the xb can have one too. The GPS is named Maggie "it's a maggelllan" w/ a female voice. My daughter loves to program maggie on trips & sometimes I think she believes theres a real person on the other end talking. She's like, DAAAD turn down the radio... Maggie's talking. I will name my xb "MiPod" for now.
Take care everybody.

· Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Other "cool" names I didn't use.
Someone else can use them, should they want:

xBee (Bubblebee imagery, Would be GREAT on a BSP with yellow, gold, or "bronze" accents.)

Wall-i (car shaped like wall, the mac "i" naming, and the Wall-E film)

Silver Lightning

“Lil’ Truck”

"Aluminum Falcon" (Robot Chicken Star Wars Special . . . was my car's provisional name, didn't stick right for my car. I still like it, though!)

· Registered
1,207 Posts
eviljack said:
TartanJack said:
"Aluminum Falcon" (Robot Chicken Star Wars Special . . . was my car's provisional name, didn't stick right for my car. I still like it, though!)
It didn't stick right because no one knows what the hell a aluminum Falcon is.
hey eviljack

Ok, so what is an aluminum Falcon? :confused:

21 - 40 of 110 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.