· Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·

· Registered
2,209 Posts
yanges said:
eviljack said:
TartanJack said:
"Aluminum Falcon" (Robot Chicken Star Wars Special . . . was my car's provisional name, didn't stick right for my car. I still like it, though!)
It didn't stick right because no one knows what the hell a aluminum Falcon is.

hey eviljack

Ok, so what is an aluminum Falcon? :confused:
Um thats the line from the show. Darth Sidious says to Darth Vader on the phone "What the hell is an aluminum Falcon?"

· Registered
141 Posts
Had an old Chevy Caprice (can't remember the year, 74 maybe?) that I called Betsy. As in "poor old Betsy!" Husbands old VW hatchback was called Mona because when it turned it would moan. This xB needs to be driven for awhile before it can be named. It needs to find it's own personality.

· Registered
294 Posts
I call mine TEAL TOASTER as its hypnotic teal mica LOL !

· Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
OK . . .

Mine got renamed.

I was on a mountain road with some friends. One tried to follow me to see how I could drive up a twisty quicker.
Well . . . He couldn't keep up and lost me.
When I stopped and he caught up, He said that he couldn't catch me and that he felt like he was a kid chasing a squirrel. Then, he said it kinda looks like a gray squirrel.

He began calling it "Squirrel." It stuck . . .
So, that is now its name.

In a sense, it is quite appropriate.

· Registered
294 Posts
TartanJack said:
OK . . .

Mine got renamed.

I was on a mountain road with some friends. One tried to follow me to see how I could drive up a twisty quicker.
Well . . . He couldn't keep up and lost me.
When I stopped and he caught up, He said that he couldn't catch me and that he felt like he was a kid chasing a squirrel. Then, he said it kinda looks like a gray squirrel.

He began calling it "Squirrel." It stuck . . .
So, that is now its name.

In a sense, it is quite appropriate.
I out ran a TDI jetta yesterday it is a std. trans car............ I love whoopen the young guys who think they can handle a car.

· Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
eviljack said:
You know what tartan. Your xB's new name is Scitso, since it has so many personalities.
It doesn't matter how many initial names . . .
What matters is what sticks!

· Registered
17 Posts
I took Tealush La Truck down for its second trip to Florida. My mother-in-law wanted to know how did I like my SCONE. I get on tellin her that it's a Scion but she still calls it my Scone. May I got the British model, anyone for tea and...... :p

· Registered
18 Posts
i used to have a 97 nissan sentra that i called "the terminator". i got into an accident once, and since im a broke college student, i removed the banged up fender and just drove without the fender for a few months before i replaced it with a mismatched black one. man, those months that i spent without the fender were so embarassing. but it was funny tho, it looked just like the ahhnold with the half human face/ half machine! thats how it got its name. also, that little sentra had gone through hell and back!

naturally, my classic silver scion xb has been named "T-1000". the super-cop-bad-guy from the future in the terminator 2! the silvery guy! :thumbsup:

· Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
youngpun said:
i used to have a 97 nissan sentra that i called "the terminator". i got into an accident once, and since im a broke college student, i removed the banged up fender and just drove without the fender for a few months before i replaced it with a mismatched black one. man, those months that i spent without the fender were so embarassing. but it was funny tho, it looked just like the ahhnold with the half human face/ half machine! thats how it got its name. also, that little sentra had gone through hell and back!

naturally, my classic silver scion xb has been named "T-1000". the super-cop-bad-guy from the future in the terminator 2! the silvery guy! :thumbsup:
Nice tie in!
I like it.

· Registered
50 Posts
Still awaiting delivery of my 09 xB (Blackberry Crush). I have a few ideas floating around my head, but like many, I will let the car reveal itself to me before saddling it with a name.

Some past cars:

(Current) '05 MINI Cooper S - Milo, after MIlo Bloom, from the old Bloom County comic strip. Milo was the kid with the huge eyeglasses, that reminded me of the MINI's headlights.

'03 MINI Cooper S - Delilah. Named after a Queen song. I hated the song, but the name sounded British, and I love Queen, ergo...

01 VW Golf GTS 1.8T - Penelope. I can't even tell you how that one came about. It just hit me one day.

'90 Toyota Supra Turbo - Originally named Rudy, after the character in Fat Albert who occasionally uttered the catch phrase "N.C. - No Class." After I built Rudy into a 400-500hp monster running ludicrous bost, I started calling her "White Lightning" as well. This was my favorite of the cars I have owned.

'90 Miata - Griselda, after the Monkees Song "Auntie Griselda." Near the end of the song, when Mickey Dolenz is going ape-sh*t making goofy noises (Drugs are bad, mmmkay?), he did some burbling noises that sounded a little like the Miata's exhaust.

· Registered
741 Posts
Mine is called "Pookie".

Have no idea why, just kind of hit me when driving it one day.

41 - 60 of 110 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.