Scion XB Forum banner
101 - 110 of 110 Posts

· Registered
65 Posts
I've gone though several names but I think I settled on xBox, it ain't much but I liked it...

· Registered
39 Posts
Does naming a car personify it in some way? Or is it just a custom like naming a naval ship?

In the Transformers movies, it bothers me that Bumblebee doesn't talk. They did it to invoke the way we think of our cars as sidekicks. Except I don't think many people think of their cars that way. I've never thought of my car as a sidekick, as personified, a tamed beast with a mind of its own. I've thought of my car as a vehicle. Bumblebee should have been allowed to speak.

But I have used names for the car on occasion. Not really named the car, but I used to refer to my 2008 automatic as "Car," like the way Hammond on Top Gear says "Come on, car...."

In conversation, I've referred to it as, "I'm driving the toaster," "It's the square vehicle over there," and just xBox like Tsedan said.

· Registered
152 Posts
I think you should name one "BoxAnne"...... If it's a girl car at least.

I've seen one guy refer to his as "The Boxter".....

and Since I have two of them, I call them "Dos Eqquis".... at least for now. If I ever get any of the mods I want to do, done, The name will change, to fit the new look...... LAtely My wife has been calling my Super White, "the Strom Trooper" (Star wars Appearance... It's a 2012 and does resemble one in a funny way).

· Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #106 ·
What about . . .
Flyin Brick . . .
That's what it is.

· Registered
28 Posts
Mine is named Toasty!

· Registered
104 Posts
I am probably going to go with The B myself, maybe even go for a logo on the
back of this.

· Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #110 · (Edited)
I am probably going to go with The B myself, maybe even go for a logo on the
back of this.
I like the B.

Back when I played with the "Firefly" name, I comped this rough idea for a graphic, using a combo of found (online and probably copyrighted) and created images:

My plan was to create my own version that was all my work, but it never happened.

The names I like most I tried are:
Aluminum Falcon
Flyin BRICK
QuickSilver/KwikSilver
FireFly
Traveller

I kept justing between them, but settled on Traveller.
It has several main reasons:
1) I love travelling, my B has been in many, many states and on many road conditions (inc. dirt, gravel, sand, mountain twisties, interstate, snow, and more- my favorite, for fun, is gravel mountain twisties w/o major ruts->not that easy to find, but know a few great ones)
2) Homage to Morris estates, which are all called "Traveller"
3) Homage to the tin-top version of the International Scout, named the Traveler
4) Robert E Lee's horse-> gray with black mane, tail, and socks
5) Term for gypsies in the UK (esp. Irish and Scottish ones), which I sometimes look like when travelling . .
6) There is a set of legends/stories/myths/traditions of Southern traveller stories, of which Arkansas' is the most famous. There are more and the group from the SC Upstate, North Georgia, and Western North Carolina is VERY interesting (and where I usually drive for fun-> AWESOME roads!)

Plus, I found a nice emblem saying "TRAVELLER" on ebay. It is/was listed as a repro emblem from a Morris Minor Traveller, though I have YET to see a picture of that emblem on any Morris:

It looks and sounds nice, if a bit bland.

(Edit: The emblem/badge thing is a work in progress-> that is a 3" blister one from Cruiser Crap- GREAT stuff!)

101 - 110 of 110 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.