Scion XB Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what does everyone use to wash and wax their cars? everyone has a preference, so whats yours? i'm a meguiars man myself

·
Registered
70 Posts
I'm also sold on Meguiar's, after seeing what teh 3 step system did for my wife's car, man, I'm hooked!

·
Registered
476 Posts
I have been using Stoner's SpeedBead for the last 8 years on all of my vehicles and love it. People have come up to me and ask what is on the car to give it that deep wet look. Nothing else for me ever!

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
I have been using Raindance Wax + Wash for a lot of years. It did a superb job of keeping the finish on the Beetle looking nearly showroom new. Lately I have been taking to adding a dollop of Zymol liquid wax to the wash mixture. I also use Zymol for waxing when I have the time. Love that banana smell ;)

·
Registered
14 Posts
wash every week at least once ... sometimes twice, with mothers california gold car wash. keep the showtime instant detailer on hand for touch ups ... and used mothers reflections spray wax the other day for the first time. it works beautifully when used on my wet xb2. also use the fx wheel care spray and fx tire shine. love all of mothers products. ;)

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
SquallLHeart said:
Chemical Guys and SmartWax

they pwn zymol and meguiars ;)
i have been using the SmartWax i got as a gift from my dealer and really like it! you can wax everything with it, including the black on the doors and front side black area of front window - you can even use it on the glass too! ;) their SmartDressing works very nicely on tires too!

·
Registered
82 Posts
just finished my hypnotic teal mica with mothers reflections liquid bottle-
goes on easy -cleans easy and brings the mica out-
worth the 16 bucks

·
Registered
566 Posts
I always hand wash my vehicles and am a big fan of Eagle-1 Wax As You Dry. I'll use Mothers Back To Black or Aerospace 303 Protectant on interior plastic. I buy what ever is on sale for car washing or tire shine and never use Armor All on anything except tires and never wash a car with dish washing detergeant.

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Disregard my initial post in this thread - I've been using Zaino car wash & microfiber towels on the xB. I saw the commercials for the Turtle Wax Ice, so I looked up some reviews and, while it's easier to use, the conclusion was that it's not as good as Zaino or NXT AFA appearance & longevity. I'm all about the ease-of-use, but it's not cheap. Unfortunately I just don't have the time to do the multi-step Zaino process, so I may give the Ice polish a whirl. If I like it, then I can start from scratch w/ the Dawn, clay bar, polish process... we'll see...

1 - 20 of 42 Posts