Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

· Registered
474 Posts
That is a better looking cover than what I have on my xB....mine was about $65.00 but, does not have the logo or other markings...just plain CF...and no sound insulation material...if I didn't have what I have I'd go for it!

Brewski

· Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
First, remember to include shipping into the cost. Some are legit on shipping charges, while others look into that as part of the price (to keep a minimal "reserve" in an underpriced item).

As for the seller . . .
Start with:
racingpartsdepot ( Feedback Score Of 13756
)
98.8% Positive feedback

Then LOOK into what the negative reviews were. Sometimes, I've gotten concerned over them. That said, the VAST amount of ebay sellers I've bought from in the 96% or higher rating have been SPECTACULAR. Read the reviews and use critical judgment as to whether you'd trust them with $120 of your money.
Personal Ebay experience: there is one seller (who sells flags) that I've ran into under a number of names, won a half-dozen items and have YET to actually receive ANY of them- when I see the name on the "congratuations" message, I get worried . . .!

Oh, and I won/bought one of those xB-specific side-mount Bazooka woofer/amp unit for $200 on Ebay and have no worries it will show up and in perfect condition.

· Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Carbon Fiber Cover

Yeah. I checked out all his feedback. He's got like 10 negatives in one month but they seem to be exaggerated. I'm just curious as to why those carbon fiber covers are not selling like hotcakes. Dealer sells this similar item for like $300. Maybe not too many people into the carbon fiber theme?

I've bought plenty of stuff from Ebay with only three bad experiences. One of them was my first time which was my fault for not reading the ad carefully (oem vs oem style) but the other two were just false advertising on the sellers part.

Good choice on the Bazooka...I also bought one from ebay for $179 shipped and I'm expecting it on Monday. Should've had it yesterday but the snow storms back East "froze" UPS deliveries for about two days.

· Premium Member
811 Posts
One of the guys in another chapter of Scikotics near me has a tC CF engine cover for sale. Since it's the same engine, I'm thinking about it. He wants $60. My "theme" is Murasaki and silver/gray, so CF would look pretty good.

· Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
One of the guys in another chapter of Scikotics near me has a tC CF engine cover for sale. Since it's the same engine, I'm thinking about it. He wants $60. My "theme" is Murasaki and silver/gray, so CF would look pretty good.
That would look pretty nice on you car. Is it the same one with the scion emblems?

· Registered
9 Posts
They are d/c at the dealer. You may still get one they have in stock but they are not making any more. The OBX one in the auction is actually the one you get from the dealership anyway, they made them for Toyota.

I should be getting mine this week from that seller, lol the reason I knew all that was I tried to get one. Most of the lighter toyota accesories are by OBX Autobahn kraftwerks (Shift knobs, pedals, etc). I will post up pics when I do. But notice how much nicer it is than the other ones, they are generally just a fiberglass shell with carbon wrap. This one has the foam padding just like factory.

· Premium Member
811 Posts
No symbols of any kind. It's just plain. The engine in my '09 was back, more under the back lip. The one in the '10 is more in the middle of the engine bay, so it will be seen better. Also, I have LED's attached to the front behind the headlights to illuminate the engine bay. Hopefully, if I decide to get it, I can make it look good.

· Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
They are d/c at the dealer. You may still get one they have in stock but they are not making any more. The OBX one in the auction is actually the one you get from the dealership anyway, they made them for Toyota.

I should be getting mine this week from that seller, lol the reason I knew all that was I tried to get one. Most of the lighter toyota accesories are by OBX Autobahn kraftwerks (Shift knobs, pedals, etc). I will post up pics when I do. But notice how much nicer it is than the other ones, they are generally just a fiberglass shell with carbon wrap. This one has the foam padding just like factory.
That's what I needed to know...It's the same one that is sold by the dealer. I know OBX is a well know decent brand. Now I know 100% that I'm going to get this cover. It does look way better than the rest online and for the price...it's a darn good deal...

· Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
carbon fiber cover

Let me know what you think of it once your receive it...:cheers:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.