Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so about two weeks ago i completely spaced out from being tired after work and rear ended a Mitsubishi Montero Sport with my lowered xb2. Thankfully all that was damaged was above my license plate. The core was crushed, the RH fender & headlight, the hood was smashed and flipped onto my windshield, and my front bumper and gril had no more brackets to hold onto the car. Yea, it was like watching your kid get jumped by Chuck Liddell. It hurt see it all damaged. But atleast it wasnt frame damaged nor did any airbags blow!

Well insurance sent me a fat check so i figured i can do the work myself since i work on cars all day! i put a new core on, front bumper, fender, headlight, everything that the slightest damage was getting replaced even a lil clip. but i have not order a hood yet bc im hearing good and bad things and dont know who to trust.

My question is; Will a carbon fiber hood lower the value of your car? Or will it maintain its value even after its reports of an accident?

I'm looking to get the AiT Carbon Fiber Euro hood. Found it on eBay for $564.00 with S&H.

I'll post more pics of the fix later this evening.

· Registered
286 Posts
:sick: :x :ranting: Ouch...

· Registered
741 Posts
Wow. Glad you're ok.

As for your question. I don't think adding a carbon fiber hood will hurt the value of your car. Just like I don't think putting other wheels or springs or a lip kit or tinting the headlights or tail lights or a super sound system will hurt the value of your car. It would be up to the future buyer. Some potential buyers will like the mods and some will not. Just my 2 cents worth and in today's economy.....

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thank you! i went ahead a decided to get another hood from toyota. i bought all my parts from toyota and got a used headlight from a local salvage yard. i was thinking about getting new black mesh girlls too. but the guy im buying all my parts from at toyota is getting me the parts for wholesale prices. i paid only $140 for the bumper brand new!! and $175 for the hood brand new too. i have it all put together just waiting on the hood and the headlight to come in so i can send her off to the paintbooth! :)

and as for the ones above... i know its saddddd.. i got out and checked on my car before even looking at what i hit :rofl:

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
More parts comming in this morning around 9am. picking them up from the toyota dealership to finish her today then off to the paintboooth on tuesday! :)

getting the hood, the gril and a few peices of the splash gaurds, and a lot of new clips and little things to make sure she comes out perfect!!

so far all the lines are perfect and nothing is off. the hood might need to be alighned and adjusted when i put it on. always the hardest part after changing the hood hinges.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.