Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well now that the gangster kit is a no go, I am gonna head back to my original direction. What do you guys think of this carbon hood?

http://www.body-kitz.com/contents/en-us/image_viewer.html?lmd=39619.495833

Either that one or the GT concept carbon hood that nite ryder is selling.

May or may not paint it to match. Not sure yet.

Comments? Anyone know where I can get this hood cheaper then $600+

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
eviljack said:
Well now that the gangster kit is a no go,
NO!!!!!

I am gonna head back to my original direction. What do you guys think of this carbon hood?

For the newer folks, what was the original direction?

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well it never was completely discussed, but originally I decided to copy the original 5 axis concept. Then I got all caught up in the modding and car show scene and decided to make it a daily driver/car show. So very showy and custom looking yet family functional. So yeah that makes no sense what so-ever.

Anyways current plans:

Exterior:

5 axis lip kit
TRD springs
Carbon hood(maybe)
reverse hood hinges
Body graphic(just waiting for install)
Scuicide door(maybe)

Interior:

Custom rear door speakers
Subwoofer
Rear cubbie inlays
Custom shift knob
Custom shift boot

Plus I am always thinking and planning other ideas so you never know.

·
Registered
13 Posts
eviljack said:
Well now that the gangster kit is a no go, I am gonna head back to my original direction. What do you guys think of this carbon hood?

The Gangster kit has not been canceled.... The rear is being made now and the front will happen soon. It was mentioned that one for sure would be built for SEMA and then if you want to pay for one it can be made on a per order basis like the carbon fiber side skirts. The price is yet to be determines. We are also looking into a front lip to set the kit off as well. Things have only been delayed due to the prototype company being so busy.

·
Registered
528 Posts
It really depends on the style you're going for. If you're looking for more of a 'tuner' look, I'd stick with the 5Axis or maybe even wait for the AIT kit as they're going to offer it in urethane. Urethane, in my opinion, is far superior to fiberglass. I've worked with fiberglass body kits in the past and didn't particularly care for it. Good thing they're were on customer's cars...

I'm not particularly fond of carbon fiber. But, if you painted some of it (like Go_HIN did on scionlife) I'm sure it would look pretty slick. If you painted some of it, you could even get the actual mica from the paint from a paint store. You could hit the carbonfiber with the mica so it would give it that mica sheen. I think that would be super slick. ;)

*edit* I just noticed you wanted the one with the scoop.... I dunno bro. I think the DV and OEM ones look good, though!

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ogerdgonz said:
The Gangster kit has not been canceled.... The rear is being made now and the front will happen soon. It was mentioned that one for sure would be built for SEMA and then if you want to pay for one it can be made on a per order basis like the carbon fiber side skirts. The price is yet to be determines. We are also looking into a front lip to set the kit off as well. Things have only been delayed due to the prototype company being so busy.
If thats true then thats cool, but I was told that the front end was only being made for SEMA and not being duplicated for public purchase.
Cause personally I would pony up the money for a front end and have something not everyone else has. Just going off what I was told.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.