Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
133 Posts
I will be selling my 2012 xB in white, manual trans, 7100 on the clock, it's been serviced 2 times by Scion. It has OEM mats, Fog lights, Rear spoiler, Alarm system. I have added a 17" aftermarket wheels & tires, TRD shifter, TRD springs & swaybar. The TRD parts can be removed very easy. I also have a complete exhaust system that setting in the garage that I'm trying to post photos of also. I'm 53 and need a truck. :)

Good luck,
AZ

· Registered
65 Posts
I would still buy with caution even if you get a carfax, I got one with my car when I got it and found out later that the hood and left side of my car has been repainted for some reason unknown and it wasn't on the carfax so I would bet if its not sent though an insurance company it won't show there....

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well... that's what I was worried about. I got my XB Certified through a Toyota / Scion dealer and looked the car over as best I could and trusted the Carfax Certification and the Toyota Certified Warranty and then found out later it had damage. It took over $1000 to fix myself and Toyota was of no help and the Carfax fine print buy back states some crap about information at the time the Carfax was run so they were of no help.

A friend of mine that works at the Ford dealer here in town said, if you find out it WAS involved in a wreck within the first year you own the car and the Carfax info and dealer info was wrong... they have to buy it back or "make you whole" again. Not that I want to get rid of it because I do love the car BUT... I would like to be reimbursed the money I'm out AND the depreciated value.

So... I wanted to run a Carfax now (2 months short of the 1 year) to see if anything shows up and if it does, I'm very well documented so I'll go from there. I know it sounds cheap to not want to pay Carfax unless I have to but when I had a Ford Taurus and was a member of that Forum... we would all share Carfax accounts and whoever needed one ran, we would help each other out. That's been a few years though and they have went up in price for unlimited LOL

The reason I was hoping someone had

· Registered
60 Posts
So what was the $1000 worth of damage that you had to repair that you did not notice when you bought the vehicle...?

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It was underneath. Heat shields bent up and half ripped off. Inner fenders and the plastic chin under the bumper were tore up and the plastic was tore out at screw mounts etc. The guy at the body shop that fixed it said it looked like someone had run off the shoulder or road and it was belly damage. You can see still see the scratch marks where it drug the bottom on the exhaust and other under body.

Never thought I should have said "haul it to the shop and lets put it up on a rack". As I now know... Toyota holds nobody accountable on Certified Used. The simply take it the dealers are only selecting cars that are as good as new. My local dealer called it "Paper Certified". The service department guy told me they have run into it before with that dealer in Memphis.

· Registered
97 Posts
I wouldn't worry about a car fax unless you're bored.

A friend had unlimited car fax so we ran my truck - I bought it new and had 2 insurance claims, one for a deer fixed at a licensed body shop fully paid by my insurance. The second an incident fixed at the Chevrolet dealer and paid in full by insurance.

Neither were on my car fax. Only thing showed was the last service at 30,000 miles at the same dealer that fixed the other damage.
The deer damage was in 2008, the other in July 2011, and we ran the carfax in Oct 2012

· Registered
1 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.