Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A lot of our members seem to want to add light to the interior.How about the cargo area?After reading all the posts about the dome light from Oznium,couldn't it be mounted near the OEM light using the their replacement bulb in the socket and running the wire to the dome LED and attaching it to somewhere close on the side panel? Or, mounting lights on both sides of the area. Now that would brighten up the cargo area.

·
Registered
195 Posts
As seen in the Member's Pics thread, my second cargo light is wired to a switch. (Tapped the cargo light for power - thanks again boblamb for that accessories DIY)

For now it's an Oznium round 6-LED module attached with velcro inside that cargo cubby. (no holes! completely reversible)

Not so impressive during the day, it brightens up the trunk A LOT at night.

I may upgrade to the High Intensity LED Flood or LED Spotlight some day.

Trunk lighting can also be wired to the dome if desired, so that the light will turn on when the hatch is opened. I happen to like it this way so I'm gonna leave it wired the way it is.

·
Registered
195 Posts
The small one on the left? Nope.
I can still stash little stuff in there though. That switch is mounted on a really thin piece of plastic wrapped in felt. Totally removable. I can mount the switch anywhere if I like.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Maybe something Scion added, but my 2010 has a cargo light over the left cubby.....

·
Registered
614 Posts
Maybe something Scion added, but my 2010 has a cargo light over the left cubby.....
That's always been there, people are just trying to get more light back there.

I just added a 20" Oznium Red Tri-Chip LED Tube to the bottom side of my Cargo Cover and a Red Oznium Superflux 4 Chip LED to each little rear side well. I am wiring a separate switch back there to power them up and the Cargo Cover tube with have a plug on it so I can disconnect it when removing the cover.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.