Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been considering the cargo liner for some time now.
With the floor mats, everything in the cargo move around freely.
There's almost 0 friction and all the groceries and everything else don't want to stay in place.
(I don't even drive hard.)

Does anybody have the cargo liner?
If so, is it as slippery as the mat that comes with the floor mats?

Please advise.

·
Registered
637 Posts
I have the cargo liner and it is a canvas material. I don't use it unless I am moving something. It fits over the tops of the seats and goes out from there. With the cargo cover I have I would have to keep that off to use the cargo liner all the time. As when you use the cargo liner, the paperwork that comes with it says you need to remove the headrests while using it and then out them back on when you are done. One thing that might work for you is the cargo carrier. I think that might stay in place some and will fit in the back. From my understanding the cargo liner is more for protecting the inside when you are hauling items that might damage the inside or ruin the carpeting.

Thats my 2 pennies..... :D

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have the trunk mat that came with the floor mats.
But it's so slippery that you can push a 24" suitcase with your pinky.
Oh well, no big deal but sometimes it's annoying when you have grocery in the back and everything just moves around and things fall out of the plastic bags.

I now have a habit of tying the plastic bags so things don't fall out.

·
Registered
130 Posts
As others have stated, the cargo liner is for keeping your interior cargo space clean, like if you wanted to haul bags of mulch or lumber or something. If you want to keep your groceries from rolling around, you either need the cargo bin, which is like a compartmentalized thingy, or the cargo net. The net requires drilling some holes into the panels around the rear hatch, which I was initially nervous about but turned out to be no big deal. Only thing about the net though, is that you can only fit a few bags of groceries in it; it is pretty smallish.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I actually just got a cargo box from Walmart for 10 bucks it stores 6 bags and folds flat.

Also for moving big things. including my 3 dogs i bought a $20 5x8 rug from the same wally world and just cut it to fit. it looks great, is the same color as the dogs so i dont get hair on the black which is a BIOTCH to get off. Plus it is easily removable. in fact when i roll it up in the trunk i can fit 9 paper bags of groceries in between it and the back seat and they stay perfectly still. Granted i also dont drift around the corners either but i hope that helps. I will post up some pics if you want

·
Premium Member
1,052 Posts
TheeAdam said:
I actually just got a cargo box from Walmart for 10 bucks it stores 6 bags and folds flat.

Also for moving big things. including my 3 dogs i bought a $20 5x8 rug from the same wally world and just cut it to fit. it looks great, is the same color as the dogs so i dont get hair on the black which is a BIOTCH to get off. Plus it is easily removable. in fact when i roll it up in the trunk i can fit 9 paper bags of groceries in between it and the back seat and they stay perfectly still. Granted i also dont drift around the corners either but i hope that helps. I will post up some pics if you want
Now *that* is some innovative thinking. What size is the cargo box?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
TheeAdam said:
Ok... now I'm interested. Which Walmart is it and what does it look like? It folds flat too?
Damn I need to see it or if you purchased it online, please provide a link.

Thanks

G

·
Cargo mat is nice for like keeping sand and mud off your junk but like ppl said its not anti slip. Id recomend the weather tech all weather cargo mat it does everything.

G

·
Well Im sure if they werent selling they wouldnt make them, Im buying one. $90 is nothing to me when I spend 23k on a car. I want to protect my car.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.