Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody tried installing the cargo net without drilling a hole?
I removed the cargo net that was in my previous car and I see that there are rings on the bottom which I can hook the cargo net. I am thinking about just purchasing some plastic hooks with double sided tape (like the ones found in grocery stores for a buck or two) and utilizing the cargo net I already have.

Anybody have any ideas?

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
I wouldn't really trust double sided tape for something like that. If the tape didn't stick, or you worried about it, it would kinda defeat the purpose. What are you worried about AFA drilling holes?

The cargo net from Scion has loops in the elastic on the top corners that wrap around alittle "T" hooks in the plastic interior near the hatch opening. The bottom corners of the cargo net have plastic hooks that hook on to metal loops that are bolted to the interior. I'm not sure if your cargo net is set up like that, or if you'd need to install four hooks or loops for it to attach to. I'm sure they have something similar at Home Depot or Lowes to what comes in the cargo net kit from Scion... and if you mess up on a hole, and you're worried about noticing it, you can get plugs at either of those stores ;)

·
Registered
130 Posts
I installed the cargo net (see my post on your other thread about installation instructions for more information).

I don't know how much "stretch" your current net would have, but for the OEM net from Scion, double-sided tape won't cut it. And even if you used a different net with less stretch/pull, the minute you put a couple bags of groceries in there and take a sharp turn, that double-sided tape is going to pull away.

If you want the cargo net, I don't think there's any way around drilling. With everything the car manufacturers think of, I have no idea why they don't just factory-install cargo net anchors and save all of us the grief and anxiety over drilling holes in our cars.

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,314 Posts
Ryeguy said:
(snip)
I have no idea why they don't just factory-install cargo net anchors and save all of us the grief and anxiety over drilling holes in our cars.
On THAT I strongly agree!

The cargo nets should also be factory standard, with removal for speakers or covers already having cover holes drilled . . .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.