Scion XB Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
need some help on this code P0441 so i replaced the gas cap and the light comes back 20 miles later after i reset the light with my scanner.

just wanted to see if anyone else had the same experiance and what did they replace or do to fix it

i already checked all my vacuum lines and they are all good

i have read many post on scionlife and they say to replace gas cap which i did OEM gas cap from Longo Toyota

thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
846 Posts
Ive seen it suggested that you unhook the battery for a half hour and drive 20 miles to reset the light. My TC and VSC would come on in the winter months on my 08. I believe it was salt build up on some sensor in the wheel area. a good wash would reset them for me.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i have read that once the CEL light comes on the other two lights come with it. i did disconnect the battery as soon as the lights came on the first time and when i reconnected it the car started with a bad idle and then it just came back to normal scared me for a bit cause i was 2hrs away from home.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
dealer doesnt sell just the pig tail they said i would need to get the whole wiring harness of the car, i said NVM come on Alpha St. about 15 wrecking yards on 1 street and i found one yard that has it

junk yard out here will have it cut for me tomorrow for $20

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it is the pigtail connected to the purge valve and the cause would have been engine heat on a thin gauge wire, but i wouldn't be able to really say what the cause was cause i have only owned the car for 1 year and who knows how the previous owner drove the car or if he or she modded the car.

·
Registered
964 Posts
I had an issue with the lights and running rough when my xB was only a few months old. Took it in and mice had chewed some wires. Luckily my comprehensive insurance covered a new wiring harness. Look for chew marks on the wires lol!

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I had an issue with the lights and running rough when my xB was only a few months old. Took it in and mice had chewed some wires. Luckily my comprehensive insurance covered a new wiring harness. Look for chew marks on the wires lol!
wow thats crazy but no mice here

·
Registered
964 Posts
Maybe you can gnaw on the wires a bit and claim mice.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts