Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been thinking of getting the strup ceramic headers. it says ide get 10-12 hp gains. witch i figured maybe 10. but would it make me a little louder?. I have my cai on the way and cant wait. i know that will get me a little louder and a little hp but what about the headers? just any extra info would be nice. thanks

·
Registered
658 Posts
It will absolutely add noise. I would suggest the Weapon-R headers over the strups. They are a 4-2-1 header instead of a 4-1 header like the Strup which will make youre B a better driving road vehicle over the 4-1's in my opinion. The Weapon-R also comes with an s-pipe which is a nice addition.

Regardless, to answer your question. More noise and more power will be the result.

·
Premium Member
811 Posts
A lot of what you'll hear will be in the cabin. One of the guys in our club had to wrap his headers to try to reduce the noise. He had difficulty even having a conversation in the front seat.

·
Registered
782 Posts
I have been thinking of getting the strup ceramic headers. it says ide get 10-12 hp gains. witch i figured maybe 10. but would it make me a little louder?. I have my cai on the way and cant wait. i know that will get me a little louder and a little hp but what about the headers? just any extra info would be nice. thanks
FYI -- It's not headers, it's header, if you had a V8 or V6 (or perhaps even an opposed 4) it would be headers (one for each set of cylinders), but you have an Inline 4, that's exactly one (as in singular) header. The advantage of the ceramic is it keeps the engine compartment temperature a little lower than bare and it may improve cylinder scavenging, but as mentioned, a 4-2-1 header works better for a street vehicle. It's the difference between race performance (high RPM) and street performance (low-to-mid RPM).

·
Registered
422 Posts
I've been really indecisive about headers. I heard so many people that no matter which brand you get, they eventually will crack and break because of just the outrage heat that goes through them. I think I'm just going to keep in the stock header and go with a cat back exhaust.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Nothing wrong with the stock unit, it doesn't flow as well, but it does a better job of scrubbing emissions (thanks to the pre-cat). Yes, there's a performance difference, but it's far from life changing. Just enjoy your car, that's really all that matters :)!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.