Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I liked the look of Brickpig's fog lights so I thought I'd give it a try. They are the Blazer fog lights paid $25.

Mounting was a pain. There are machine threaded screws and coarse threaded screws that holds a plastic cowl that is under the bumper that must be removed. I fabricated my own metal strips out of parts from my bbq grill that I never used. I mounted fog lights to one end of these metal strips and the other end went into the machine threaded holes that holds the plastic cowl that was removed. These strips had to be bent and twisted for them to meet the proper spaces.
The grill was cut with tin snips. However the fogs are jiggling a little when going fast and over bumps. I'm going to have to figure out a secure mount at the top of the fogs as well.
I mounted the switch to the left of the traction button. The switch that came with it allowed me to Dremel out the blank slug in our dash. It fit very well and looks OEM.....almost.
I ran the wire through the driver's side fender and through the rubber plug that's on door.
They're pretty bright for $25 lights. I think they are 55w 12v.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Nice, they look great. The square looks good...

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow, nice

can we get a few more pics if you get time? i'd want to see them on and from further back / side.
Here are a few more

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the compliments everyone.
Next step is new rims and tires. Going with MB Weapons when the finances allow it or just get a set of beefy 16"s.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.