Scion XB Forum banner

81 - 100 of 136 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Don't wanna rain on your parade of a great idea, but it looks like the passenger side roof line is a bit lower than the driver side. I agree it is a nice idea if you have the time and the guts to do that chop. There is a purple one out there that has a full chop and it looks sic.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #82 (Edited)
Don't wanna rain on your parade of a great idea, but it looks like the passenger side roof line is a bit lower than the driver side. I agree it is a nice idea if you have the time and the guts to do that chop. There is a purple one out there that has a full chop and it looks sic.
its am optical illusion, its been measured several times by 4 diferent people, even by the glass installer. its one 8th lower on the drivers side, a tolerance that we could handle. we measure at several different points on the car. i seen the purple one and is real nice, it was at sema a couple yrs ago.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Hey HP congrats on getting your xB featured on the homepage of SL! 8)

I'm congratulating you here because I like our site better :)

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,312 Posts
Aww . . . :cheers:

Congrats!

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
Up date

Aloha,
Ok, I made the side windows today and installed them.

I'm gonna take them back out later on this week and tint them. the body work finally begins Friday, and we're hoping to be pau with it on sat, then next week it gets painted, the logos will be made and put back on, then I'll put the interior back in, then it'll be ready to go.

:cheers:

·
Registered
177 Posts
Looks so great! Thanks for keeping us up to date on your progress. Such a unique mod for the xB and it's awesome you are sharing with us.

Can't wait to see the final result my friend!

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
Looks so great! Thanks for keeping us up to date on your progress. Such a unique mod for the xB and it's awesome you are sharing with us.

Can't wait to see the final result my friend!
It's my pleasure!!!! I'm glad I was able to share this with all of you.
Saty tuned for more up dates.

Aloha oi.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Nooby here. Why would anyone chop top? Uniqueness and appearance? I understand if that's the case, I just don't see the benefit / don't understand

it's an awful lot of work

·
Registered
328 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #93
Ok, took my windows back out and tinted them, today going to put most of my interior back in except the upper parts until its painted.
body work began last night, gonna finish um on Monday.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #95
Ok, Braddah Shawn of "Hard knocks customs" is doing the body work for me this morning, he got one side of the roof done, tomorrow the drivers side is next, in the next couple days the doors will be pau. It needs to be all pau by this weekend so it can be painted.

I went to the sign shop this morning to get the logos remade. The big show I have to be at is next sat July 13th, we leaving on Friday. 8 hour drive!

for the body work, he used some 8115, the same stuff that car makers use now days instead of welding , then fiber glass, then a thin layer of Bondo.

Still have to do the final shapeing

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
So when doing the chop top it looks like you got rid of the rain gutters in the roof...looks cleaner but might be an annoyance when it rains...

Looks great so far, keep the pictures coming!

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #97
So when doing the chop top it looks like you got rid of the rain gutters in the roof...looks cleaner but might be an annoyance when it rains...

Looks great so far, keep the pictures coming!
Might be, but I can deal with it lol. sacrifice, sometimes you have to go through it when doing something you love lol. :cheers:

·
Registered
284 Posts
OMG HOW HAVE IVE BEEN MISSING ALL OF THIS!!! sorry guys been out of the loop for a minute! WOW WOW WOW WOW INFINITY!

PROPS FOR TAKING YOUR XB TO THE NEXT LEVEL! TIME, LOVE AND DEDICATION PAYS OFF! LOOKING GOOD BRAHHH!

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Do the back doors still open?
Yup, 2nd pic at the top of this page shows all four doors open. Also a pic of the rear doors open is on page 6 of this thread.

81 - 100 of 136 Posts