Scion XB Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone have a wax or polish that works on the flat black area on doors and the black at edges of the front window?

i have tried several waxes and they do not work well at all...

anyone tried ICE from Turtlewax?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I love that I look on here an SL, and find the same posts....

That being said I really was not happy with the ICE. It comes off okay, but it feels greasy. I do like NXT, it seems to come off everything pretty well. The only problem is on my BSP, I really have to wipe it a lot where the plastic meets the paint so there isn't any white residue.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i have been using Smartwax and it works on just about everything except porous plastic - it works great for waxing and you can use it on the black areas of doors, on the black on edge of front windows and it works great on glass too!

i tried the Smartdressing on my tires today and it gave them a nice satin finish...

i won the 3 pack of Smartwax / Smartdressing / Smartdetail from my dealer at a get together for new Scion owners and really like the products! :rockon:

·
Registered
476 Posts
I have been using SpeedBead by Stoner's for 8+ years on my vehicles. They sell Invisible Glass for the windows and MoreShine for the tires which I also recommend. I use SpeedBead on the paint, bumpers and the flat black around the windows/windshield without any problems.

Stoner's products are sold in auto stores, Wal-Mart, ect. You can go on line to www.moreshine.com and place your order. I called them to place my order last month and the product arrived the next day!

·
Registered
317 Posts
classic armor all works perfectly

·
Registered
566 Posts
Watch out for Armor All. Over time it may degrade plastic materials and cause paint to peel. For years I used AA on the plastic bumper trim on my Nissan pickup. Eventually it turned from dark grey to chalky white. Fortunately I was able to restore it with steel wool and Mother's Back To Black. I've heard of horror stories from friends who have had paint issues due to Armor All. Now I only use AA on tires because they'll get replaced eventually anyhow.

·
Registered
635 Posts
I have been having a hard time with that area as well. I did try black again and it didnt work at all so dont try that. That is a hard area to do. Which is one of the reasons I want the carbon fiber on that area.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Mothers Back to Black works great. It brings out the black but does not leave the surface greasy like ArmorAll does. I used it on my corolla before and will be using it on my Xb also.

·
Registered
15 Posts
What might I use for the interior areas? Back to Black says it is for exterior only.
The flat dashboard area above the glove compartment has little white spots.
I have only used Armour All ORiginal (spray and wipe immediately), and water.
But it looks like the plastic dashboard is a painted plastic, and that the paint is
coming off. Sounds wierd, I know, but that's what it looks like!
Any help appreciated.
- Mike

·
Registered
240 Posts
For the trims, I use Mothers Back-To-Black. Great product!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts