Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought this thread may be good for anyone who likes to detail or clean their own cars up. I know several people on here have show quality cars and may have some good tips.

I don't have any great tips personally, I have had pretty amazing result with clay bars and definitely see a difference in doing a full wash, bar, wax over just a wash.

I once heard that baby oil was good for interior panels and leather but I don't have leather so I don't know about maintenance for it. On the other hand I have a friend who says he spends up to $80 a gallon for some concentrate stuff to clean his interior. His door panels and dash look shiny without the oily feel of armorall so I guess it does what it's supposed to, just seems like overkill to me.

Also engine bay detail tips would be nice if anyone has some, as far as I know you pretty must just have to remove whatever your cleaning or be gentle with a nice detailed scrubber. I know you can spray degreaser and powerwash the bottom half of your engine, but not many people get to see that.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I like this thread... Hopefully someone will post some tips. I bought my xB in December so I can't wait until spring to detail it!. Its the newest car I've owned so ill be cleaning it constantly lol

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Imma bump this thread. It's going to hit 70 here today! The salt is hopefully gone for good and surely someones got some preferences for product, order of clean, or ways to get everything looking good.

I know you can refinish the steelies with black paint to make your hubcaps pop better. Also I have heard by keeping two buckets of water when you wash, one soapy and one just water, you can rinse your scrubbers off in the regular water and keep your soapy water clean so your not throwing muddy soapy water back on.

Anyone have any good stuff for making trim black again? Our wiper cowl part just in front of the windshield is giant and mines starting to look a little faded. I could just paint it black I guess but if there is an easier way I'd like to hear it.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Here is a similar thread by xbdetailguy who is a professional detailer.

I had asked him about getting plastic trim black again and he suggested Mother's Back to Black. I bought some, but haven't had a chance to use it yet with the crappy weather. 9" of new snow tonight woo hoo!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.