1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
At my dealership, a TC on the showroom floor had one. I was standing next to it and thought it had a line of dust across the front. I went to feel it and noticed it was a clear bra. I didnt' like being able to see the top edge. But I'd rather have that than a black bra. Since this paint chips soooo easily, I may look into the clear bra.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Not that I've seen. When it's warmer I'll get out and check it out better after a good bath. I did get a scratch on the edge of my side mirror somehow. All I can figure is it came from the carwash. After the wash, I drove it about an hour to my mom's and that is when I saw the scratch. My dealer says touch up paint can now be ordered, so I'm getting some. I've read on other forums about the crappy paint and easy chipping.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
I am curious how scratches show up on this color. Not that want any at all but its gonna happen unless I don't drive it and store it in the garage. Even then it would probably happen at sometime. I know that silver is a good color for hiding sctracthed and dings. I have a feeling this color may be the same way.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have this on my Silver its made by 3M. Some of my co-workers have this on their cars for the last 6 years and you don't notice any fading variations, rust or any other issues you have with a black bra. You can still remove it if you want but if I understand correctly if you peel it up (make a mistake when installing) you will have to start with a new sheet. I would let a dealer do it so if it gets messed up they have to pay for the new piece.

The scion kit has pieces covering the hood, side mirrors, door edges and lower rear wheel well (between the rear door and wheel well)

·
Registered
173 Posts
:( I'm afraid to look :( ..... :eek:hno: my baby....

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
I called the closest Scion dealership to me and asked about the cost of this and he told me they just take em down the street to Ziebart, so I'd be better off taking it there myself. Not sure of the price there,but I did get a $25 off coupon in my email when I signed up at ziebart.com
'

1 - 9 of 9 Posts